Solved TheTVDB.com - problems with scraping TV Show
Hi,

I'm having problems with scraping the TV series "V" (the SciFi series from back in 1983). This show has aired in a "Mini TV series" format and then a year later as one full season. The two part Mini-Series is listed on TheTVDB.com under "Special":

If I click the details for one these episodes, I picked the episode hierarchy ...

... over to my file storage:

However, after scraping / updating my library, the regular season episodes are listed in Kodi, whereas the Mini-Series (from the "Specials" subfolder) are unfortunately not:

What could be the reason and am I doing something wrong here?
Specials are considered as series 0. So, the first special is 0x01 or S00E01, for example. Try that.
Thanks for helping out.

I just changed the folder structure, renamed to "0" ...

... update library, rescrape, but still the same result. Sad

Any other idea?
No - not the folders - the filenames themselves. Kodi matches the series based on the top-level folder name (so "V" here, but "V (1983)" would also work as it's a valid tvdb alias) - however, it then matches the episode based on the information in that file name.

Rename them to "somethingsomethingsomething - 0x01 - somethingelse.avi" and ".... 0x02 ..." and scrape again.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
Thumbs Up 
Sorry, I didn't read your previous post properly. Blush I'm still so used to organize everything folder based (Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, ...) - never came across "Specials" episodes before when scraping.

I put all files in a single folder, renamed as you said and now the files are properly detected by the scraper. Wink

Thanks for helping!
Excellent.

You can still have them in separate folders, as that doesn't matter to Kodi - it's just for your benefit - so it's all down to the parent folder name (== series name) and the file names below that (== episode).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com - problems with scraping TV Show0