Solved over-sensitive remote controls
Hi all,

I have a Rasperry Pi 2 installation of Kodi. It's great, except one major issue: Whenever I press a key on the remote, I have to be very careful not too press just the fraction of a second too long, because otherwise, it would send the key-press twice.

Even if I'm very, very careful, this happens far too often. What can I do to make the remote controls less sensitive?

On my Windows installation, the same remote works fine.

Thanks, Anno
Maybe this will help you. There is a "suppress_repeats parameter that you can put in your lircd.conf file. You may find examples in other places. But the below should give you a start on it. See below:

begin remote

name mceusb
bits 16
flags RC6|CONST_LENGTH
eps 30
aeps 100

header 2667 889
one 444 444
zero 444 444
pre_data_bits 21
pre_data 0x37FF0
gap 105000
toggle_bit 22
rc6_mask 0x100000000
min_repeat 4
# uncomment to suppress unwanted repeats
suppress_repeat 4
Thanks!

What I forgot to mention... I'm not using the remote via Infrared. I'm using the remote via HDMI.

On the PC, I have a "USB - CEC Adapter" (https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter) for that. The Raspberry Pi can do it out of the box.

I even put my Raspberry Pi into a black box, so it wouldn't be confused by the IR signals, but it still behaves the same.

Should I still try your suggestion?
(2016-09-11, 09:45)annomatik Wrote: Thanks!

What I forgot to mention... I'm not using the remote via Infrared. I'm using the remote via HDMI.

On the PC, I have a "USB - CEC Adapter" (https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter) for that. The Raspberry Pi can do it out of the box.

I even put my Raspberry Pi into a black box, so it wouldn't be confused by the IR signals, but it still behaves the same.

Should I still try your suggestion?

Found a similar issue in another thread and wondered if the answer there might be of use to you Huh

(2016-06-19, 14:17)popcornmix Wrote: Got to interface/control/peripherals/cec settings and set the delay to 300ms and the repeat rate to 150ms. If that doesn't work, try increasing the numbers.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
All I can say is I am using an HP MCE remote and I have no issues. I do have the "suppress_repeat" set to 6. I never get a repeat key.
Good luck. Maybe the other post that black_eagle mentioned might help.
Yes I'm sure that worked for you, but it isn't using the same event mechanism and control, and so isn't applicable
Derek
(2016-09-10, 17:24)ReplayHarry Wrote: Maybe this will help you. There is a "suppress_repeats parameter that you can put in your lircd.conf file. You may find examples in other places. But the below should give you a start on it. See below:

begin remote

name mceusb
bits 16
flags RC6|CONST_LENGTH
eps 30
aeps 100

header 2667 889
one 444 444
zero 444 444
pre_data_bits 21
pre_data 0x37FF0
gap 105000
toggle_bit 22
rc6_mask 0x100000000
min_repeat 4
# uncomment to suppress unwanted repeats
suppress_repeat 4

Even though that isn't the answer to the OP; I thank you, because it fixed my problem that brought me to this thread.
Glad I could help. That is all I wanted to do.
(2016-09-11, 10:21)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 14:17)popcornmix Wrote: Got to interface/control/peripherals/cec settings and set the delay to 300ms and the repeat rate to 150ms. If that doesn't work, try increasing the numbers.

Hey, thanks! I set it to 300 / 250 and it seems to fix my problem! Will observe it further.
I have the opposite problem. My Inter key delay is somehow set at a second. The strange thing is that if I leave the remote untouched for a few minutes when I use it again it is fast as usual... Then few moments later it starts lagging again.
I have a Panasonic Viera TV and I'm using the remote through CEC on a raspberry pi 3b+ running the latest osmc build with everything up to date. Changing the settings in kodi (system/settings/input/peripherals) doesn't solve the problem.
I really can't understand why.
Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
over-sensitive remote controls0