Replacing the Movies Menu
Hello,

I have replaced the default MOVIES menu with a video node. This works fine, but it no longer uses the background of the current theme. Does anyone know how I can make the skin think this is the default MOVIES menu, so that it is theme friendly again?

Thx
In customize main menu, for each item you have option for choose any image for background, include animated, and have button for restore default background too (it´s usefull if change for other art and need restore for default). But in your situation, need set path for image.

Native background you find in your userdata

appdata/roaming/kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7/backgrounds

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hello,

I was wondering tho if there was a way in the skin thru a mod I could try to achieve this, so that the background would change automatically based on the theme. I have it set to change themes randomly, so changing it manually each time would be time consuming. I been looking at the settings.xml and I see what changes when you use the default movies node vs. a video node, but not sure how to fool it into thinking the video node is the default movies node, since the themes only apply to the default movies node. Surely there's a way, since they are both video nodes anyways. Any expert skinners care to weigh in?

Thx
Does anyone know where in this skin to edit the location the default movies home screen menu title points to? Been readig a lot about video nodes, but I think the skin must be edited to do what I need.

thx
Verify if this addon help:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224512
(2016-09-15, 02:52)Wanilton Wrote: Verify if this addon help:

I did take a try at that addon, but you even if modify the default movie node, any skin will still go to the original KODI shipped location instead of the new location. I read in another post on here that the skins do this on purpose; instead of pointing to a node they call the videodb://movies/titles location directly. I've looked in this skin to try and find that location, so I can manually change it, but nothing stands out.

Thx
I think you need copy and past all video nodes for your userdata, check wiki kodi about.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_nodes
(2016-09-15, 23:48)leejk Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 02:52)Wanilton Wrote: Verify if this addon help:

I did take a try at that addon, but you even if modify the default movie node, any skin will still go to the original KODI shipped location instead of the new location. I read in another post on here that the skins do this on purpose; instead of pointing to a node they call the videodb://movies/titles location directly. I've looked in this skin to try and find that location, so I can manually change it, but nothing stands out.

Thx

This is because custom video nodes are stored in a different folder within KODI. What is the O/S ?
I think figured it out. To fix the skin to make the default movies menu point to the main plexkodiconnect movies library, in 3 files, customReset.xml, IncludesMenuCustom.xml, IncludesTopMenu.xml, I changed this line from:
Code:
<setting id="menu1.action" type="string">ActivateWindow(videos,movietitles,return)</setting>
to
Code:
<setting id="menu1.action" type="string">ActivateWindow(videos,library://video/Plex-14/14_all.xml/,return)</setting>

Then in user data/library/video/movies folder I added a rule to each xml file except the index.xml, to filter only movies from a specific location.
Code:
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
  <value>nfs://192.168.0.101/volume2/video1/movies</value>
</rule>

I had to do this because plexkodiconnect lists every video on the plex server. Works pretty seamless now.
using plex as my backend & using plexkodiconnect to link KODI to it is working great. My last thing to figure out is how to change the location that some of the widgets look in, like the random movies widget. Where in the code would that be found?

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing the Movies Menu1