Configure Kodi GUI WIthout Monitor
I have a Pi3/HiFiBerry DAC+Pro running Kodi connected to a modestly high-end system tasked exclusively for music. However, there are times when I need to make a configuration change which necessitate disconnecting the unit from my stereo and attaching it to my PC monitor.

Is there a way that I can remote into Kodi as one would a VM (Virtual Machine) from my PC to access the GUI to enable me to make changes to the system without having to physically relocate the box and connect it to a monitor?

Thanks in advance!
Depends what you want to do I guess !!

You can SSH to the Pi and change the contents of files such as favourites.xml, advancedsettings.xml etc etc

You can use Kodi's jsonrpc to do a fair bit of stuff without needing to see the GUI. Library updates etc are totally possible with this, but you would have to write a small amount of code to trigger whatever you are wanting to do.

See http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6 for exactly what you can do over the jsonrpc interface.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-11, 17:52)black_eagle Wrote: Depends what you want to do I guess !!

You can SSH to the Pi and change the contents of files such as favourites.xml, advancedsettings.xml etc etc

You can use Kodi's jsonrpc to do a fair bit of stuff without needing to see the GUI. Library updates etc are totally possible with this, but you would have to write a small amount of code to trigger whatever you are wanting to do.

See http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6 for exactly what you can do over the jsonrpc interface.

You can do library updates with the standard web interface.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
are you running libreelec or Openelc?

you can install VNC addon in the libreelec addons repo and the openelec repo as well.

I think the latest nightlies (milhouse builds) of libreelec come with VNC installed already.
i use this to connect to my pi 3 in the garage that runs as my TVheadend backend

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure Kodi GUI WIthout Monitor0