Mac mini running Kodi issues with NAS
Samba usually works best for me using IP address. Just manually add the source in Kodi.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2016-09-13, 22:19)wgstarks Wrote: Samba usually works best for me using IP address. Just manually add the source in Kodi.

Thanks Wgstarks for the reply, unfortunately manually adding the source still has the same issues: It accepts the source and saves it but doesn't scan anything and doesn't appear on the Home. It must be something on the NAS setup, I don't know.
Perhaps you can describe exactly what steps you take to add the source. The scan should be part of the process.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Ok Wgstarks, maybe you can point whete I am making a mistake.
I go to:
Videos/files/add videos/browse/add network location:

Protocol: windows network (SMB)
Server name: ( I browse and find my Nas/multimedia/videos/movies ).
Username and password.
Ok

Name for the media source: Movies
Ok

Set content: Movies
Ok

Then I get the message "change content - Do you want to refresh information for all items within this path?". "Yes".

Then I see no information of library being updated (I choose to display library updates on the settings so I could notice it). And the volume icon is there saved with the path. If I click I go to the Nas and I can see my films and play them, but in a file list view with limited view options. Not in the home screen as "Movies".
[/size]
One weird thing is that when I am adding a video source if I choose "windows network (SMB)" I get the error message "error 2: share not available", but if I select " add network location" as described above I find it without problems and I can see my movies.
Hi Scaglia,

You should post a log file to help devs understand your problem.

What about your Windows computer ? Does it add video sources from the NAS without issues (obvisouly the same sources than the mac) ? Do you have any significant configuration difference between the MAC and Windows ?

What OSX version are you using ?
What QNAP OS version are you using ?
Is your SMB configration using an LDAP / AD directory ?

For the sake of testing ... Are you able to use ethernet connection on your Mac instead of WiFi ?

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

About my Kodi running from the windows computer:
It has the same source (NAS).
It adds the videos sources,scans and adds the "Movies" and "TV Shows" to the home screen without problems.
It has no different configuration besides that it is ethernet connected to the router ( illustrated on the graph from my first post ).
Kodi build version: 16.1

About the Kodi running from the Mac mini:
Kodi build version: 16.1
Kodi log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23183445/

About the QNAP:
Model: TS-453A
Firmware version: 4.2.2 build 20160901

I dont know if the SMB configuration is using LDAP / AD directory, how can I check that? My apologies if that is something simple, I am just not familiar with it.

Unfortunately I cant use an ethernet connection on my Mac instead of wifi. But I tried once and I believe I had the same issues.

I am not aware if I should do any changes on the NAS settings under control panel / overview / network services / (Win/Mac/NFS), I didnt change anything there.
And, I dont know if it is important but since you mentioned LDAP and AD: on the NAS control panel for Win/Mac/NFS - microsoft networking settings are 3 options:
-standalone server
-AD domain member
-LDAP domain authentication
The option selected is "standalone server".

I hope this helps finding what is wrong.
Thanks for your help Daniel.
Hi Scaglia,

Thanks for taking time to give more information.

The configuration differences between your mac and your PC I mentionned were referring to movies / tv shows scrapers and other parameters such as having one folder per movie. Sorry if I was not too clear.

So your NAS is up to date. And as far as I know my TS-431 is running the same OS version as yours. No problem with SMB on my side (my mac mini is using ethernet connection). I'm also using the standalone server configuration. That should be OK.

I had a quick look at the log file. I'm no kodi expert. So take this as a guess ! Around line 350 there are some few errors regarding the kodi database. Maybe there something here. But I cannont tell for sure. Try to make another log file when you update your database adter adding a new movie / tv show. That might help real kodi experts.

One thing you could tell us : has library update ever been working on your mac ?

Regards,

Daniel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini running Kodi issues with NAS0