Change Kodi time zone?
I am in NY. My girlfriend gave me her amazon firestick which she had in Pittsburgh. I added Kodi to it in NY. On the top right corner of Kodi, it says it is 7:15pm when it is 10:15pm here. When I use USTVnow Plus, it shows me live TV at 7:15pm, and not local channels that are playing live now in NY at 10:15pm. Is there a way to change this?
Go to System -> Settings -> Appearance -> International and change the timezone.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
I managed to change the time zone on the firestick's settings so now the time is right on the top right corner. However, i see no option to change the time zone under "International" for Kodi's settings. USTVNow Plus is still playing channels that are not local. For example, its playing Fox 43 news, and not our local Fox 5. Anyway to fix that?
1-Try to change setting type from "Standard" to "expert" on the bottom left of the UI once you are on the international settings page

2-stop using add-ons coming from a banned repository (if I do not make mistake, ustv now plus come from tvaddons repository which is banned here)
Moanbag is in da place!
Sorry, Im new and didnt know about banned repositories. Do you have an alternative suggestion for local channels?
The problem is that USTVNow addon, which is OK and was in the kodi repo doesn't work any more.

It has been forked as USTVNow Plus and added to the tvaddons repo because the new author prefers that community. Which is a shame because it seemingly could be in the kodi repo if the author chose to.

Despite being in tvaddons, I don't regard it as benign.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Android (and FireOS) take the time settings from the OS. Change it in the OS settings and Kodi should reflect that change.
(2016-09-14, 04:56)[email protected] Wrote: I managed to change the time zone on the firestick's settings so now the time is right on the top right corner. However, i see no option to change the time zone under "International" for Kodi's settings. USTVNow Plus is still playing channels that are not local. For example, its playing Fox 43 news, and not our local Fox 5. Anyway to fix that?

The USTVnow service provides streams that come from Pittsburgh. So no matter what you set the time to the streams are going to be live from Pittsburgh.

Hope that helps make sense of things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Kodi time zone?0