Having problems with widgets and fanart
Hi,

First of all I love this skin. By far my favorite except for a small issue that I just dont know how to solve. On my home screen I have my different sections set up in the traditional format with section headings on the bottom. Now above that, as you are aware, one can set up widgets which I did. I deleted all my fanart links in my xml file but nonetheless the very first widget's thumbnail always shows up as my background for all the widgets for a section. So lets say I have 10 items, with a square pattern for my widgets. The first widget's thumbnail shows up in the background for every widget as I "shift" right or left.

How can I delete that or remove that so that the thumbnail of the first item no longer shows up as my background at all. Also, when I go to set up the "sectional backgrounds" which is what I thought I could do to overwrite essentially the backgrounds I get one choice only and its a third party plugin host (I believe..though not totally sure). The point being I have no ability to even try to grab an image from my hard drive for example or anywhere else.

Could someone kindly give me the steps involved in trying to sort out 1. how to completely eliminate thumbnails from showing up as the background for my scrolling widgets along the bottom (in particular the first widget's which becomes the background for every widget in each section) so that when I scroll through my widgets either nothing appears or the background I have linked for them and 2. when i go through System->Skin->HomeWindow->Setup menu and Widgets->Select Background, I cannot actually pick a background from somewhere on my computer because everything is currently greyed out when I try.

Thanks
Since you've been modding the skin xml files, you'll need to also remove the fanart controls from the widgets include. Where that is located depends on which version of mimic you are using.

The section backgrounds option will not affect the home screen, it is for the other sections.

Sent from my iPhone
If you want to add a custom widget background, you need to fist add your folder of images as a source using the file manager. Then you'll be able to select the image using the menu customizer.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks Braz Smile Always very helpful
Hey all! So I've noticed people mentioning a "folder of images" that we need to point Kodi to in order to have random fanart appearing on the homescreen for the menu items (TV SHows, Movies, etc). I've seen a video on YT that shows a guy installing a backgrounds zip found in the User Data folder but when I navigate to that folder, there's no data in the files section. I can see it in File Explorer but Kodi doesn't seem to want to let me in. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I just want a nice background to show up when I'm on my homescreen like it does when I'm browsing the categories within TV Shows or Movies whatever. Any help would be awesome. I've searched everywhere and come up with nothing.

Cheers
(2017-01-24, 18:56)TheCorkery Wrote: Hey all! So I've noticed people mentioning a "folder of images" that we need to point Kodi to in order to have random fanart appearing on the homescreen for the menu items (TV SHows, Movies, etc). I've seen a video on YT that shows a guy installing a backgrounds zip found in the User Data folder but when I navigate to that folder, there's no data in the files section. I can see it in File Explorer but Kodi doesn't seem to want to let me in. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I just want a nice background to show up when I'm on my homescreen like it does when I'm browsing the categories within TV Shows or Movies whatever. Any help would be awesome. I've searched everywhere and come up with nothing.

Cheers

What version of Mimic are you using? If v5, you can install skin helper service backgrounds and use its BG options. No idea about that zip file option, doubt that you will find much on YouTube that is applicable to Mimic.

For instructions on using file manager, watch the video on the wiki page. http://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
(2017-01-25, 00:26)braz Wrote:
(2017-01-24, 18:56)TheCorkery Wrote: Hey all! So I've noticed people mentioning a "folder of images" that we need to point Kodi to in order to have random fanart appearing on the homescreen for the menu items (TV SHows, Movies, etc). I've seen a video on YT that shows a guy installing a backgrounds zip found in the User Data folder but when I navigate to that folder, there's no data in the files section. I can see it in File Explorer but Kodi doesn't seem to want to let me in. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I just want a nice background to show up when I'm on my homescreen like it does when I'm browsing the categories within TV Shows or Movies whatever. Any help would be awesome. I've searched everywhere and come up with nothing.

Cheers

What version of Mimic are you using? If v5, you can install skin helper service backgrounds and use its BG options. No idea about that zip file option, doubt that you will find much on YouTube that is applicable to Mimic.

For instructions on using file manager, watch the video on the wiki page. http://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager

Cheers for this. I actually found a related video by way of the wiki one that served my needs better. I'll take a try at installing the background zip through the File Manager tonight and see if that works. Not sure which v. of mimic I'm using but it's gotta be the latest one I would assume. How would I update it?
You can find the version in the addon info dialog, accessible from the addon browser. What version of Kodi are you running? The latest Mimic is v5 and it only runs on Kodi 17 Krypton.
(2017-01-25, 00:51)braz Wrote: You can find the version in the addon info dialog, accessible from the addon browser. What version of Kodi are you running? The latest Mimic is v5 and it only runs on Kodi 17 Krypton.

Ah, then it is def an older ver. I'm running Jarvis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having problems with widgets and fanart0