Linux Video Freeze During Playback
That dmesg shows nothing, but a clean boot.

The thread apply all bt needs to be done after you enter "CTRL C" (control c on the keyboard) - that biscally means kodi did not crash but is waiting for something.

Please disable UPNP server completely before retrying, there is a bug in 16.1 with upnp server.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-15, 18:01)fritsch Wrote: There is a bug in 16.1 with upnp server.

Ok. Is that bug also present in the Git version I've checked out?

Just so you know, I hard booted my machine without closing Kodi- if I haven't mentioned it before I cannot Alt-Tab away from Fullscreen Kodi after the crash. I have not tried in windowed mode.
Nope. Should be fixed. Most likely I looked at the wrong log.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I do have a crash that seems the same on the git checkout I have. That's what the logs are from.

However I haven't had that crash since disabling UPnP.
Are we talking about a "crash" or about a hang now?
(2016-09-15, 18:39)fritsch Wrote: Are we talking about a "crash" or about a hang now?

I am talking about graphics freezing; controller, mouse, keyboard input not having effect, and HTTP interface not responding to requests, UPnP interfaces not effect. Audio still plays.

I am not positive Kodi is affected, as audio continues to play, but as the input and control interfaces don't I think Kodi is affected.

I don't know how to properly classify this.
Also I had been running Kodi in windowed mode. Within minutes of entering fullscreen the issue occurred. On the git version I notice audio stalls/skips during these events which I did not notice in Jarvis.

I hope I'm being useful and not difficult.
Code:
NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.
NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1151
NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 4.40

Looks like you're using fglrx, which is not supported. Try with radeon and vdpau or use the intel integrated gfx.
(2016-09-17, 10:03)wsnipex Wrote: Looks like you're using fglrx, which is not supported. Try with radeon and vdpau or use the intel integrated gfx.

Oh I wasn't aware of that. I'll return to the Radeon driver, see if I can get performance i'm satisfied with, and if so I'll re-test Kodi.

Are proprietary graphics drivers on Linux systems generally unsupported?
Only fglrx. Why?

See: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...xbmc&num=2
Thanks, fritsch. That answers my question

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Freeze During Playback0