iOS Wake on lan problem
Hi,

Today, after upgrading ipad air and iphone 6 plus and iphone 6 to iOS 10 only on ipad wake on lan still working.

Any suggestions?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Same problem here with 2 different iPhone 6 Plus units
Hi,

When I tap the Wake On LAN button on my iPhone 6s Plus with IOS 10.0.1, I get the message command sent, but nothing happens. I updated to the latest version of iTunes on my Kodi V16.1 machine but that made no difference. I have an iPhone SE on IOS 9.x.x and Wake On LAN still works for that device.

Is there anything else I can do to help resolve this issue?

Regards

FiftyFour
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Single-Seat HTPC - Windows 10 Pro, Kodi Version 16.1 with MP2 Server and MP2 Client Version Spring 16.
Android 5, Kore for Remote, Wakeup and Suspend.
MP2 Powerschedule plugin for TV Timer Wakeup.
Hi, in the development version I have changed the routine that does the wake on LAN, if any of you have the capability to try the github version could be cool to see if it works again for you. Otherwise please stand by until the new version is submitted to apple, thank you!
Hi joethefox,

I'm sorry I do not have the capability to try the github version that you suggested. I'll wait for the new version in the apple store. Thank you for your prompt response and your development contribution.

Kind Regards

FiftyFour
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Single-Seat HTPC - Windows 10 Pro, Kodi Version 16.1 with MP2 Server and MP2 Client Version Spring 16.
Android 5, Kore for Remote, Wakeup and Suspend.
MP2 Powerschedule plugin for TV Timer Wakeup.
(2016-09-27, 09:15)joethefox Wrote: Hi, in the development version I have changed the routine that does the wake on LAN, if any of you have the capability to try the github version could be cool to see if it works again for you. Otherwise please stand by until the new version is submitted to apple, thank you!

Hi,

Have you considered setting up Test Flight so the app can be tested before it gets to the appstore?
https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

Cheers
S
Hi smomo,

yep, definitely something that could come in handy. The issue is the lack of time that I have at this time (you know.. real life, work deadlines, I need to eat and so on) not so much the ability to test the app.
joethefox,

It's definately the new version. I reconfigured all my WakeOnLan settings and nothing works with the Kodi Remote Wake on Lan (it says sent)

If you use any of the the WakeOnLan apps they turn on the MediaPC just fine. mWOL, etc.

Thanks, I'll wait for the next version and give you an update.
@bunnychow, thank you for support and patience Smile
I want to add my say WOL is broken. I have the same issue. Using a WOL app on windows 10 works perfect. However with Kodi app it just does not do anything.
I have just submitted for review to Apple version 1.5.6 which should address this WOL issue
Hi,

I just updated to 1.5.6 and I'm not able to wake my firestick. I can't find the WOL button when I select the gears icon so I'm wondering if it was removed. I also tried tapping various buttons to wake Kodi with no luck.

I'm still on IOS 9.2. Do I need to update my iPhone 5s to make this work?
Hi!
no need to upgrade, before tapping the gears (settings) you have to select the kodi server from the list, otherwise the app doesn't know the MAC address to which send a WOL magic packet.
I do select the the Kodi server and wait for the green indicator but when I select the gears, I get a menu that starts with Power the system off, Hibernate, Suspend, Reboot, etc.

I am connected because when I wake it manual I can then navigate with my phone.
Sorry, I don't follow you, if the indicator is green then it means that the kodi server is already on. The wake on lan turn on the kodi server if it is off and if it support the Wake on Lan method.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake on lan problem0