[WIP] mini-mod Titan Krypton
I've been tweaking Titan to my liking for a little while but nothing too heavy just yet given the skin is still in beta for Krypton. Mostly it's just been cosmetic. I'm partial to the raised panel/pin board look so I did up a background image in photoshop to give that effect and set it as the global background and then set an empty pic as the footer background. I'm happy to share the photoshop template if anyone wants it to set up their own background with different images. Also happy to share any of the icons you can see in the screenshots, although the imdb ones are rough, so I'll be re-doing those shortly. The footer code will need to be tweaked if you want to use them with stock titan.

I have also started playing around with tags. I set up a "best picture" tag and added all the movies in my collection that won best pic. I tweaked the footer so it does a string check for "best picture" on the tag and displays the oscar statue when it gets a hit. I'm planning on adding a tag for each category and using the space in the 'panel low' view to display the category wins for the selected movie. I'll likely add in golden globes info as well.

Congrats, looks very nice Smile
Looks very nice indeed. Might be an idea to add your changes as a seperate theme to the skin ?
Or maybe some changes can be incorporated by default...
(2016-09-15, 21:01)marcelveldt Wrote: Looks very nice indeed. Might be an idea to add your changes as a seperate theme to the skin ?
Or maybe some changes can be incorporated by default...

Thanks. I'll start thinking about setting up a theme off a stock build. Can't use my version as i have a habit of commenting out or deleting code I know I won't need. I also only use kodi to watch my library of movies/tv shows. So I haven't tested other parts of the skin like music and live tv etc.

By the way, until I started poking around the skin files, I had no idea how much work needed to go into Titan to make it so customizable. Huge thanks.
Been messing around with tags to display oscar categories. Screenshots below to show the result so far (functionality is restricted to the panel low view). The oscar graphic is a bit on the big side but I needed room for movies with big win totals such as LOTR ROTK.

Still testing various things, such as scrolling lists. Also had some issues with tag names and the string compare query. Still investigating that too.

As a guide I've got 300 movies in my collection and it took about an hour to set up tags for 18 oscar categories.

Rubicon99,

I know you have shared how to accomplish Oscar winner to show up. If you would use something like Media Companion and use the "tag" field to populate the oscars by movie, would you accomplish the same result?
Very nice! Also great taste in films Big Grin
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2016-09-26, 23:57)Edworld Wrote: Rubicon99,

I know you have shared how to accomplish Oscar winner to show up. If you would use something like Media Companion and use the "tag" field to populate the oscars by movie, would you accomplish the same result?

I think it would. Basically I don't think it matters how the tag field is populated. The code (as it stands) is just set up to look for a specific tag and then display the associated label like "Best Actor" for example. I need to test further though. I ran into some sort of limitation issue with the string.compare function which buggered up the longer tags like "Best Actor in a supporting role" for example. At the moment I have not very helpful tags set up like "xx1" and "xx2" etc to get around the issue until I sort it out.
(2016-09-21, 14:41)Rubicon99 Wrote: Been messing around with tags to display oscar categories. Screenshots below to show the result so far (functionality is restricted to the panel low view). The oscar graphic is a bit on the big side but I needed room for movies with big win totals such as LOTR ROTK.

Still testing various things, such as scrolling lists. Also had some issues with tag names and the string compare query. Still investigating that too.

As a guide I've got 300 movies in my collection and it took about an hour to set up tags for 18 oscar categories.

Not that I can help with code but I can help with ideas Big Grin

On the footer, display 8 oscar statues (LOTR) and instead of having a section on the top left, maybe you can add a box when you focus on the movie and display all the categories it won an oscar.

I think you will eventually start using local nfo's instead of playlist so you can add all the categories you want. I stopped using playlists when I added movies with the same name

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] mini-mod Titan Krypton0