Cannot operate Kodi without the remote...
I goofed when bringing my RPi Kodi media center back home from our vacation home....
Forgot to bring the remote control! It is a Motorola remote working through a USB Flirc interface and has worked fine for a long time.
Before that I used the Yatse Android app to control Kodi.

So I figured I could still use Yatse as a replacement remote until I could get the remote back home. But NOT!

Even though I updated Yatse to the latest version does it work.
It connects seemingly fine (no off-line error message once I entered the logon info into its settings).
But Kodi does not react at all when I try to use the navigation buttons, it does not even come out of the dimmed standby screen mode...

I managed to connect the web interface from my Win7 PC in another room and from there I could start playback of a video file on my network NAS.
With the video playing on the RPi screen it turns out that the Yatse remote app is able to pause, resume and stop the playing video file, but still it is not able to do anything else that I tested.

So what could be set up erroneously on this installation to block out the major parts of the Yatse interface?
Is there some filter file I need to modify in order to enable full operation of the Yatse commands?

System info:
Kodi runs on an RPi2 unit with OSMC as operating system. Updated about a month ago to the latest release.
It has a 1TB USB attached media drive with all the video (mp4) files on. This drive does not come up in the web interface when navigating the files path!
The remote (which is now not present) is a Motorola spare PVR IR remote connected via a FLIRC unit (USB).
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Have you tried kore? Are you sure all the required kodi settings are right? There is a wiki page setting them out.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What happens if you use the remote in the Kodi web interface?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Did you enable ==> Settings ==> Services ==> Remote Control ==> Allow remote control by programs on other systems ?
(2016-09-17, 10:35)speedwell68 Wrote: What happens if you use the remote in the Kodi web interface?
Well, that works. But it is a bit clumsy given that the Win7 PC sits in another room than the living room with the TV and Kodi...
I still consider it strange that some buttons in Yatse work and others not. If I start a video in the web interface and test Yatse it is able to control the playing of the video, but not to do other stuff.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Follow-up:
I got advice on the OSMC forum to reset the web interface to the default Kodi GUI and then if needed delete and recreate the Yatse connectoid to the RPi.
Did that and now Yatse works. I don't know why but it does. Smile
Bo Berglund
Sweden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot operate Kodi without the remote...0