Scraping mood for music
Hi all,

I searched and didn't find the answer.
I read here that the Universal Scraper for Music Albums uses allmusic.com and also scrapes Mood tag.
I used it but I don't see Mood in the music library options.
I also tried a suggestion I stumbled upon of using the smart playlist, but it couldn't browse for known moods.

So in the link above also says:
Quote:In case allmusic link is not added on the MusicBrainz site, fields from allmusic.com cannot be fetched (very easy to add those missing links though).
What does that mean exactly? how do I add the link?
BTW, I don't have MusicBrainz installed on my PC.

I use Kodi V15.2 Isengard.

Thank you
You can scrape the mood from a tag, or from theaudiodb site using the scraper yes.

I don't think it works on Isengaard from memory though, I think it was a feature introduced in v16
I upgraded to V16
The audioDB didn't get me mood info (at least not to the 2 albums I checked out of 2000 Blush)

I ended up removing the music source, added it again, and scraped using Allmusic.
In the album information I can see the mood was successfully added, but I can't browse according to mood in the library, and can't even make smart playlist according to mood (when trying to make a rule according to mood the browse button is grayed out).
Yeh don't use allmusic, their mood string is multiple columns which is useless really.

Have you checked the albums on TADB actually have a mood set?

Version 16 should also read the TMOO id3tag from your files if you want to set that using tagging software such as mp3tag.
I have too many albums to check them all, 2 I checked didn't have mood in TADB.
I can't manually tag TMOO in all my albums, too much work.
What's wrong with Allmusic? I like it that each track has more than just one mood, it's logical. you're saying the Kodi can't handle Allmusic mood tags? Kodi displays the mood tags, why can't I see it in smart playlist or library browsing section?
(2016-09-21, 12:59)Clonimus74 Wrote: I have too many albums to check them all, 2 I checked didn't have mood in TADB.
I can't manually tag TMOO in all my albums, too much work.
What's wrong with Allmusic? I like it that each track has more than just one mood, it's logical. you're saying the Kodi can't handle Allmusic mood tags? Kodi displays the mood tags, why can't I see it in smart playlist or library browsing section?

TADB is a user contributed site, it relies on users like yourself updating data. If people never update, then the sadly it will be of no use.

And yes Allmusic only does multiple mood tags and Kodi cannot handle them in nodes or smart playlists unfortunately.
Thanks.
I appreciate the contribution based services, but you know, people are in different places in their lives (demanding jobs + 2 babies for example LOL) that makes it harder to contribute in comparison to others :-)

So even if I could auto tag TMOO field you say Kodi will not be able to use it.... bummer
(2016-09-21, 13:20)Clonimus74 Wrote: So even if I could auto tag TMOO field you say Kodi will not be able to use it.... bummer

That should work, as long as you use single TMOO tags such as "Happy" or "Breakup".

I am unsure of what tagging apps can do this automatically though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping mood for music0