Should I get (NVidia Shield + HDHomeRun) OR (Skystream ONE)?
(2016-09-20, 08:38)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 07:42)Martijn Wrote: I'm sure Ned Scott knows everything.

I'm very confused by this statement.

If I said something that sounded arrogant then I'm sorry. I'm honestly not sure what you are getting at here.
You stated that nvidia doesn't care at all which isn't true. This is how big companies just work and everything takes a really long time

Edit:
To be clear I'm not trying to make or whatever. It's just fact that big companies take long before getting through an entire release process. For us that might sound stupid because we can do it very quickly.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-09-20, 07:03)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 04:43)Ned Scott Wrote: Nvidia doesn't care enough. I'm sorry, but they don't.

And I wouldn't say that either. The bug has only existed for a little over 2.5 months (not 3 months as some others have claimed). 3.2 was released on 6/29/2016, add 1 day for June, 31 days for July, 31 days for Aug & 19 days for Sept, that's 82 days. 82/31=2.64 (I used 31 since 2 months in a row have 31 days) and that number becomes smaller (closer to 2 months) if you enter in the number of weekends and holidays, not to mention a lot of people take vacations around July and Aug. So you can probably subtract a couple of weeks, at least, if key members of the development team went on vacation during those months.
Have you accounted for the Gravitational Time Dilation effects, possibly due to any nearby mini black holes that may or may not have been present at nVIDIA's development labs at the time of the 3.2 Firmware update. Maybe thats where the Missing 3.2 Deinterlacing code got sucked into ?
I know the Shield can guard and repel all sorts of pesky regular Android problems, but is nVIDIA Shield development Labs that advanced, that they can account for all possibilities ?

I think these lunchtime beers are working Wink

(2016-09-20, 08:45)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 08:38)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 07:42)Martijn Wrote: I'm sure Ned Scott knows everything.

I'm very confused by this statement.

If I said something that sounded arrogant then I'm sorry. I'm honestly not sure what you are getting at here.
You stated that nvidia doesn't care at all which isn't true. This is how big companies just work and everything takes a really long time

Edit:
To be clear I'm not trying to make or whatever. It's just fact that big companies take long before getting through an entire release process. For us that might sound stupid because we can do it very quickly.

No, I was saying (to the people who feel like Nvidia isn't doing enough) that they feel like Nvidia doesn't care enough. I specifically chose my wording carefully on that to make a point. Don't replace "enough" with "at all", because that completely changes the meaning.

The statement is technically that's true, they care about other issues and other operations before interlacing, because that is what is reasonable for a company their size. I literally just ranted about this a few posts before. I've been defending Nvidia's decision to wait for their normal update cycle, because that is what is reasonable for the issue and for a company of their size and focus. You might want to read the other posts I made to get the full context.

Now I have to explain myself to the people who I already agree with.. yeeesh...
(2016-09-20, 08:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Have you accounted for the Gravitational Time Dilation effects, possibly due to any nearby mini black holes that may or may not have been present at nVIDIA's development labs at the time of the 3.2 Firmware update. Maybe thats where the Missing 3.2 Deinterlacing code got sucked into ?
I know the Shield can guard and repel all sorts of pesky regular Android problems, but is nVIDIA Shield development Labs that advanced, that they can account for all possibilities ?

I think these lunchtime beers are working Wink

Yes I did, I also calculated against the earth's axial tilt, distance from the sun, the moons affect on tides & the expanding universe theory. Then I dragged out my Abacus, and ruling out any interference from Doctor Who, I came to the conclusion that people should have a little perspective. Wink

EDIT: But this probably doesn't help the OP make any kind of decision.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You guys are hilarious! The OP probably got the Skystream One box that has 4.8/5 stars on Amazon. There is nothing better than free blockbuster movies.

@Tinwarble: I said almost 3 months and I went by 6/27 which is the date nVIDIA has in the upgrade release notes on their website.
(2016-09-21, 05:51)wesk05 Wrote: @Tinwarble: I said almost 3 months and I went by 6/27 which is the date nVIDIA has in the upgrade release notes on their website.

I wasn't talking specifically about you; others have been stating 3 months on the Nvidia forum since nearly a month ago. Wink

And I went by the date that my embargo was up and the actual release date (6/29). Tongue Though some of us did have it since the 27th and why the release notes reflect that date.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'd still believe the Space Time Continuum was disrupted at the nVIDIA Developments Labs. Doctor Who was likely involved no matter how much Tinwarble denies it. Seems it's a very tricky business getting complete deinterlacing code to co-exist, in this present reality and timeline, when dealing with the Shield !

Yep you guessed it, lunch time with beers involved again Wink

(2016-09-21, 06:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Yep you guessed it, lunch time with beers involved again Wink

I think you need to quit going to that restaurant for lunch, they are clearly putting putting something "extra" in your beers. Rofl

(2016-09-21, 05:51)wesk05 Wrote: You guys are hilarious! The OP probably got the Skystream One box that has 4.8/5 stars on Amazon. There is nothing better than free blockbuster movies.
Actually no, I still haven't made any decision. And I do not care about free blockbuster movies.
I'm still very puzzled about how to deal with ATSC, and actually this whole thread has made me rethink about the ability to stream ATSC from my US home to my European home and DVB from my European home to my US home.
Transcoding issues become critical as my US home got Fiber but my European home only DSL. And now I discover that there is no European version of the HD Homerun Extend (which unlike the Connect, can transcode)

Now add on the top of that that I would have loved to have the SIP phone managed by the same box as well. But while something like the Freebox in France can do everything: Router, Media Server, DVB, SIP, and VPN Server, it looks like I'm going to need at least 3 different pieces to do the same here in the US (which is why I noticed the Skystream, which at least has the ATSC tuner integrated, but I don't know if it can transcode)... And I still have no proper solution for the transcoding part of the European streams anyway.

Ah well, my needs are always more complex than most people I guess Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I get (NVidia Shield + HDHomeRun) OR (Skystream ONE)?1