v16 EDIT Nebula by XML
Hello
is it possible to edit nebula skin by modifying the xml.
I have used the built in skin editor, but for some reasons I want to write my own code. [but of course, by using current code as base]
When I tried to do it in Windows Install, When I re-launch the KODI, my modified xml is overwritten
Hmm.. what do you mean by "overwritten"?
If it is the home tiles you are trying to modify then perhaps you're modifying the "wrong" file. I can only assume that it has something to deal with the skin shortcuts service that the skin is based on.

Correct me if I was wrong and if you need recommendation for coding softwares and efficient file readers I would love to recommend some I'm using always when im writing a code. You can also see my mod for the skin so far in a another post i got here.
Maybe yes. I'm using a wrong file.
Which is the file I need to modify to modify home tiles??
Also Please recommend xml coding soft wares and file readers.
Are you by any chance using Notepad ++?
If not, I recommend downloading it....it is what I use to edit xml files.
Hey. For some reason my reply didn't post earlier.
First and foremost, Notepad ++ is not only recommended but I think it's a MUST HAVE when dealing with coding or editing.

In addition, I recommend using WinMerge to check for diff's in revisions, base version or any other modification you did for reference.

Regarding the xml files, try focusing on "includes.xml" and "Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml"

Hope that helps Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDIT Nebula by XML1