Cannot find Kodi on Raspberry PI
Firstly excuse my ignorance, I am an absolute newbie to Raspberry Pi, Kodi and Linux...

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running Rasbian (wheezy)

I installed Kodi (Or tried to...) in the terminal by running sudo apt-get install kodi

It ran through a download (and what looked like an install process) then finished.

I expected after the install (Probably stupidly) an icon on the desktop for Kodi, or an icon in Programs menu for Kodi but found none.

I don't know if it actually installed OK, or if it did how I can now run Kodi on my Raspberry Pi.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks
Ollie
In terminal, type kodi & and hit <enter>
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for the reply.
Just tried that, and got the following:

bash: Kodi: command not found
kodi not Kodi
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I did type 'kodi' not 'Kodi' into the command line then hit enter, and got the error in my previous post.

cheers
Not installed then, or not properly at any rate.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-19, 12:15)OllieGee Wrote: I have a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running Rasbian (wheezy)

Wheezy is too old - Jessie has been the only supported release for a long time.

But really you would be recommended to use a Kodi distribution like LibreELEC or OSMC
- they will just work whereas kodi on raspbian needs a fair amount of set up and won't be as optimised a build.
Agreed - I have just installed LibreELEC on my Pi and it appears to work a treat.

Cheers everyone!

Ollie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot find Kodi on Raspberry PI0