find all pvr:// links?
Is there a way to find all the pvr links using json calls?
eg The addresses that can be added to Favourites from the PVR Channels menu.
pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver_738.pvr

I have tried using the PVR group of functions and the files.get_directory functions.
There seems to be no way to link the PVR channels with their url containing the uniqueid.
Nope
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16116
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-09-19, 18:44)Lunatixz Wrote: Nope
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16116

Thanks. I did a workaround to grab the info directly from the databases but it won't be very robust.
It is for creating addons.ini files for TV Guides including the pvr:// links.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...in.py#L175
I found a better way to grab them thanks to @im85288.
It uses a combination of xbmcvfs.listdir("pvr://") and JSON PVR.get_channels to recreate the links.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...in.py#L175
Lol really wonder where he got that idea? Been using this method for over a year... It's not a long term solution since it does not support local language preferences.
Sent from my SM-G935T
(2016-09-20, 14:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Lol really wonder where he got that idea? Guessing I didn't get credit.

Sent from my SM-G935T

Nice work if it was your idea. Smile
Do you want your name somewhere in my addons that use it?
No lol, I added this method years ago... As a hacky workaround

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2016-09-20, 14:38)Lunatixz Wrote: No lol, I added this method years ago... As a hacky workaround

Sent from my SM-G935T

Let's hope it gets fixed in the main Kodi code sometime.
It is easy to pull in all the pvr channels into my TV Guide Fullscreen addon with this method.
Did you ever look into getting plugin:// streams into the PVR? It would be nice to be able to mix pvr and addon channels in TV Guides and the Kodi PVR.
PVR doesn't resolve special protocols like plugin:// and I can safely assume because of the current state if box sellers they never will.
(2016-09-20, 14:54)Lunatixz Wrote: PVR doesn't resolve special protocols like plugin:// and I can safely assume because of the current state if box sellers they never will.

Its not too hard to make a new pvr client in c++ but its a lot easier to do it as a python addon.

Personally I don't think crippling Kodi is a good idea to stop the box sellers as it hurts all of us: devs and users too.
There is a lot of great functionality in the PVR that would be nice to integrate with our iplayerwww addon for example.
(2016-09-20, 16:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 14:54)Lunatixz Wrote: PVR doesn't resolve special protocols like plugin:// and I can safely assume because of the current state if box sellers they never will.

Its not too hard to make a new pvr client in c++ but its a lot easier to do it as a python addon.

Personally I don't think crippling Kodi is a good idea to stop the box sellers as it hurts all of us: devs and users too.
There is a lot of great functionality in the PVR that would be nice to integrate with our iplayerwww addon for example.

I do not agree, I wrote two pvr clients... first one was challenging, second was a breeze... python requires a lot of code to build a EPG GUI... Not sure the two can be fairly compared.
(2016-09-20, 18:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 16:08)primaeval Wrote:

I do not agree, I wrote two pvr clients... first one was challenging, second was a breeze... python requires a lot of code to build a EPG GUI... Not sure the two can be fairly compared.

I've just installed your PseudoTV Live addon. I haven't tried it for years and thought it was just for videos in your library. You have PVR channels in there already. I see you know why you know so much about the pvr links now. Wink

The epg is done luckily thanks to forking the original TV Guide and FTV Guide. I know how much work went into it now as I have been fixing bugs in it for the last few months and adding features.

I just want to go the other way to add plugin streams back into the main pvr just to be complete.
It would be easy with a little server addon on another machine to run the plugins and pipe the stream output back into the client machines. It would be more elegant to do it on the same machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
find all pvr:// links?0