v17 Subtitles can not be enabled
Hi,

Sometime in beta process I realized that subtitles can not be enabled anymore. Although I check the option at "audio & subtitle settings" and then I press "set as default for all media", when I quit kodi and then started again no subtitles are enabled (at list the embedded subs). I never had that kind of problem in the past. Note that "enable subtitles" return to off when I restart kodi. This happens both on macos & linux (libreelec).

Any help on that it would be great.
Really? It's just me? Very strange.
Moved to support
This happens with the embedded subtitles only. Ιf I turn on the subtitles manually, subtitles are displayed.
Could you please post a detailed description/steps how to reproduce. Most important are the settings under the audio section (preferred language) and a debug log (wiki)
1) I start the mkv video file that contains video, audio and subtitles.
2) I choose "audio & subtitle settings"
3) I turn on the "Enable Subtitles" switch
4) I select "set as default for all media" and I confirm that

I had no problem with that in every version before Krypton using the same mkv files. The subtitles language I use it is not English and I also set "Character set"

Logs: http://pastebin.com/RMDzSzE6
Any comment on that?
I have the same problem on Kodi 17 Beta 4. it seems the "set as default for all media" is not saved. (nvidia shield Android)
I just realized that if I set gui language same with the subtitles language then the embedded subtitles activated normally. If I set any other gui language that is different from the subtitles language nothing happens and I have to activate the subs manually. It just not makes sense.
Same issue here on Kodi 17.0-BETA6 Git:d2f6874.
They changed something in the code on how the language of the subtitles are defined.
You can find more in my thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295037 (See link to github for details)
Sadly there is still no reaction, probably because this is how they are handling the language of the subtitles now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles can not be enabled0