Is hdhomerun still the best?
Looking to run a cable card, and would like to know if the hdhomerun prime. is still the best or if theres a better one now.
depends on your local provider. what provider do you have?
TWC
from what I understand TWC is one of the worst carriers if you do not use their equipment. If you can find out the local CCI Flags they use you may be better. They have been known to flag all channels copy protected. The only thing that can work with them is Windows Media Center and/or hopefully soon the official SilconDust HDHR android app on andrioid (not available yet).

I previously used my hdhr on CableVision and had about 40 usable channels, I moved and switched to fios and thankfully nothing is protected. Cut monthly bill in half and gained many more channels.
going to need some more research. The only two option I was aware of was Sling and TWC card. Would fios be a cable card? also do you run there internet. Cause im getting ready to move so its going to be all new everything.

Also thank you for the quick responses.
Just got off the phone with them. I guess I can only get at&t and dish. Oh and the lockdown twc
(2016-09-19, 21:08)bry- Wrote: from what I understand TWC is one of the worst carriers if you do not use their equipment. If you can find out the local CCI Flags they use you may be better. They have been known to flag all channels copy protected. The only thing that can work with them is Windows Media Center and/or hopefully soon the official SilconDust HDHR android app on andrioid (not available yet).

I previously used my hdhr on CableVision and had about 40 usable channels, I moved and switched to fios and thankfully nothing is protected. Cut monthly bill in half and gained many more channels.

Weird, I have FioS in RI and I receive CCI Flags on a per show basis across multiple channels. I am running an older Ceton InfiniTv6 on a Win 7/MCE.
Yeah, FiOS started flagging most of the Fox owned stations as copy once a few months ago here, so that's Discovery, Fox Sports 1, Big Ten network, etc
@rascalion & @jdlive - here is a screen shot of my channel line-up. http://awesomescreenshot.com/07964vife1. link will die in 3 days. FiOS is by location. I guess I just got lucky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is hdhomerun still the best?0