Android No Sound
I get video but no sound. I checked on Youtube and it directed to systems- audio output. The direction were to change the Audio output device. However, mine is grayed out. Android, audio track is selected
Sound costs extra.
(2016-09-20, 08:04)Ned Scott Wrote: Sound costs extra.
Rofl Rofl

(2016-09-20, 07:53)rhrosco Wrote: I get video but no sound. I checked on Youtube and it directed to systems- audio output. The direction were to change the Audio output device. However, mine is grayed out. Android, audio track is selected
Now seriously... How can some one help you when we don't even know what device do you have?!
What are you trying to play? Also, without debug log (wiki) it is really hard to guess what is your problem...
I am having the identical issue, on my MXQ PRO box, not allowing me to select and change the audio device. I need to get that line activated to make changes.
And as you were told before, we do not support banned add-ons (wiki) or any device which contains them due to violation of our forum rules (wiki).

So either provide a clean debug log (wiki) of such an issue after their complete removal, or go wherever you dragged them up from and tell them to support their crap.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have a similar issue on my shield tv where the video sometimes plays without any sound but that's usually fixed by stopping playback and starting it again. Seems to only happen on videos where passthrough gets enabled. Maybe try turning that off as a test?
I am not using passthrough, never have. Krypton 17.0 is doing this on my 1st gen Firestick. Its only an intermittent problem, almost like a memory shortfall, until the system clears or refreshes, then most times the sound runs correctly. Jarvis 16.0 never did this. I have noticed that if the sound is really hung, it even shuts the sound off in the Amazon interface when exited from Kodi. Even needed a full restart at least once.
And it doesn't seem to be an issue with any particular addon, as all are affected when it happens.
Frequently, it occurs just as Kodi starts, no GUI sounds. If I wait, it usually turns back on, then SOMETIMES will immediately reoccur when I enter a video add on.
VERY infrequently, the sound will drop when a video is playing, then often return after 3-5 minutes.
Weird, but Not the passthrough issue because, as I mentioned, I don't have that enabled/turned on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound0