• 5(current)
Release ESPN Player - available in the official repository
Here my log:

Quote:17:42:15 T:140314031417088 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'ChunkedEncodingError' object has no attribute 'value'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 319, in <module>
router(sys.argv[2][1:]) # trim the leading '?' from the plugin call paramstring
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 294, in router
list_games(params['service'], params['filter_date'], params['filter_games'])
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 123, in list_games
games = espn.get_games(service, filter_date=filter_date, filter_games=filter_games)
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/resources/lib/espnlib.py", line 156, in get_games
games_data = self.make_request(url=url, method='get', payload=payload)
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/resources/lib/espnlib.py", line 77, in make_request
self.log('Error: - %s' % error.value)
AttributeError: 'ChunkedEncodingError' object has no attribute 'value'
-->End of Python script error report<--
17:42:15 T:140316762241024 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.espn-player/?action=list_games&filter_date=false&filter_games=inplay&service=ESPN_COLLEGE_PASS
17:42:15 T:140316762241024 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.espn-player/?action=list_games&filter_date=false&filter_games=inplay&service=ESPN_COLLEGE_PASS) failed
wish i can use espn player in canada...
(2017-03-11, 17:58)emilsvennesson Wrote: Alright, this should hopefully be relatively easy to fix then. Feel free to hit me up with login credentials (PM) and I'll see what I can do.

@emilsvennesson

I wanted to send you a text message, but i think i have not the permission yet.
Is it still possible for you to fix the Addon if i send you my credentials, maybe via Mail?
Hey There,
just thought I'd try out the ESPN Player and saw it wasn't working on my system. an issue with Python?
here's a pastebin of my error. hope you can help.

https://pastebin.com/7kfs7YjK

your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
Kodi 17.3
Nvidia Shield Pro
Kodi 19.x (it self updates, not sure what we are on now)
** need advice on an NAS Server for Kodi to access **
here the same.

but the player doesn't work on Ipad too. "This application is currently unavailable in your area"

With Browser on PC it's works fine.
Today there was an update for the Ipad and here works again,

But on kodi not.
I think the Problem is a device ID, because in the setting stands now the connectet Devices, but no PC with Browser. This is maybe a way to fix it.

I can test it here, if somebody fix it.
(2017-08-23, 11:51)WHamilton Wrote: Today there was an update for the Ipad and here works again,

But on kodi not.

As I mentioned earlier, I would provide my credentials to the developer but the problem is, I still have no authority to send private messages.
Maybe someone else could send him a message?
Is a devolper here?
(2017-08-24, 10:39)WHamilton Wrote: Is a devolper here?

Go to Site 1 in this Topic.
The name of the Developer is emilsvennesson.
Write him a text message.
I can test the versions, but I got my creds one time a devolper und he changed my pw and I can't login, so never ever.
Hi! I'm sorry for not responding earlier.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm no longer subscribed so I would need someone to hook me up with credentials for me to able to take a look. I'm not making any promises though, it all depends on to what extent they've changed their website. I am already in over my head with projects to support in my free time so forgive me for not having the highest of priorities on this one.

I'm available via PM or at #kodi-dev on freenode.
I need to renew my subscription and I am currently in switzerland where it costs CHF 39 a month and in Germany it was 22 euros / month I believe. Everyone assumes that if you live in Switzerland you are some rich f*ck. It's getting annoying.
I'd be curious as to what other countries fees are.

it seems they deleted my account in the last couple days so I need to do a new login and payment from Germany first. ;-/
Nvidia Shield Pro
Kodi 19.x (it self updates, not sure what we are on now)
** need advice on an NAS Server for Kodi to access **
(2017-08-24, 12:09)TheSaint67 Wrote: I need to renew my subscription and I am currently in switzerland where it costs CHF 39 a month and in Germany it was 22 euros / month I believe. Everyone assumes that if you live in Switzerland you are some rich f*ck. It's getting annoying.
I'd be curious as to what other countries fees are.

it seems they deleted my account in the last couple days so I need to do a new login and payment from Germany first. ;-/

Its £20 a month or £109 a year in the UK, so I guess with the current exchange rate its probably a tad cheaper here than Germany.

If anyone is prepared for some faffing around the Android app actually works well sideloaded onto a Fire TV box or stick.
When I say it works well I mean the streams look very good on a large TV with over double the bitrate of the browser based version, the draw backs are in the week I've been trying it the Android app has been updated 3 times and each time I then have to sideload it again.
You also need to use an app called mouse toggle to navigate and have to switch between mouse and normal remote control several times and even then navigating long lists of events isn't possible so you have to use the search function to get to an event not listed on the screen.
ESPN's bumph says they allow you to cast from your phone to a TV connected device but from my Android phone to my Fire TV's only produces sound with no picture (the only app I have that does this) so in the absence of a Kodi addon I'll stick with the faffing around method I outlined above.

I did buy emilsvennesson a month's sub last year so he could continue work on this addon but it sounds like he may be too busy to do much this year, if he's not too busy I'd be prepared to paypal a contribution to anyone else who might want to buy him a subscription to take a look.
Is there not a 7 day trail version?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN Player - available in the official repository2