UWP + Desktop woes
The setup:
4k sony tv + Dell Monitor with kodi desktop on the 4k tv and UWP kodi on Dell.
The problems:
1. Cannot have both desktop kodi and UWP kodi on at the same time.
2. No addons for UWP kodi.
3. Serious lag on desktop kodi if UWP installed (this resolved by uninstalling UWP kodi and doing restart)
1. You can install both desktop and UWP Kodi in same time. They are installed in different folders.
2. UWP Kodi uses same addons as destop Kodi.
3. What do you mean?
Ive checked in settings there is no add-ons category for add-ons.
3. By serious lag, when kodi desktop is launched (after UWP kodi has been closed) it takes about 3-4min to get to the home screen. Then when navigating it is really slow. Clicking on a movie/tvshow does play the video properly but I have to wait about 30secs for the 'Phenomanal skin' on screen 'playing ... so and so' to disappear.

I thought i was going to have to do a clean install of desktop kodi to fix it. but uninstalling the UWP app has resolved that issue.
That's because in the current Beta there is no link to Add-on Browser from Settings, to access the Add-on browser you must currently do it from the Add-ons entry on the Home menu, with that selected you should see a small icon in the upper right of the screen (from memory a box with a arrow pointing into it) next to the cog icon.
3. Please check that Kodi.exe process is gone after UWP Kodi has been closed before launch desktop Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UWP + Desktop woes0