Kodi interrupts wifi connection to other computers on network
I have Kodi installed on a Fire TV stick. It consistently breaks the wifi connection to my computer on the same wifi network, which is annoying. The video quality and performance of the stick are excellent. I reset the Fire TV stick to factory settings, and it did not interfere with the wifi at all. Once I re-installed Kodi, and the problem reappeared.

Any ideas how to remedy this situation?
no debug log (wiki) , no issue
Moanbag is in da place!
That moved to Android - fire sticks don't run windows...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-22, 06:04)boomerhoo Wrote: I have Kodi installed on a Fire TV stick. It consistently breaks the wifi connection to my computer on the same wifi network, which is annoying. The video quality and performance of the stick are excellent. I reset the Fire TV stick to factory settings, and it did not interfere with the wifi at all. Once I re-installed Kodi, and the problem reappeared.

Any ideas how to remedy this situation?

I think without a full adb log no one can say anything, just speculations.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
All I can think of is there maybe an IP address conflict? If using DHCP on everything it is unlikely though
Here is my debug log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23216354/
I see quite a few Banned Add-Ons in your log.

Let me guess, you didn't download and install just Kodi, but you got a Kodi install from some other website that has lots of Add-On's pre-configured.
That's correct, Powerhouse. I had no idea there were banned ads bundled in though. I just deleted Kodi and will re-install Kodi without the pre-configuration. .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi interrupts wifi connection to other computers on network0