Folder/Directory Structure
Probably a stupid question but I've done a search and can't see anything relating to what I'm trying to figure out.

I use CouchPotato to manage my movies, I noticed recently I had Godzilla 1998 and it added in Godzilla 2014 to the same folder.

X:\MOVIES\Godzilla\(1998) Godzilla.mkv
X:\MOVIES\Godzilla\(2014) Godzilla.mkv

Kodi cannot see both movies it is only displaying one film? Any ideas why? Is it even possible to store multiple films in one folder?

It would be good if it can as I'd like to do that with my James Bond Collection and then create a video set.
I would recommend:

Code:
X:\MOVIES\Godzilla (1998)\Godzilla (1998).mkv
X:\MOVIES\Godzilla (2014)\Godzilla (2014).mkv

Set_content_and_scan#Movie_content_options (wiki)

Tick the box for
"Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title"

Movie Sets are created for you automatically by the scraper
Browse to Video Library -> Movies -> Sets Smile
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Haha zerocool_ie,

Glad you and I are on the same page, I like the idea and I had already applied that, the only issue I have there is like I said when I look at my Bond/Harry Potter/Bourne/Star Wars etc Having those collection's movies all in separate folders really makes my already expansive movie folder (400+) get even bigger.

It can also make searching for films more difficult, rather than searching for James Bond I have to search for Goldfinger or Moonraker etc etc.

Looks like it may be possible according to tamplan and fryed_1 (however he cheated and used some metadata software to edit his nfo's by the looks of it):

Kodi Forums - How do you organize your movies?
I use an extra subfolder for collections, like:
Code:
X:\MOVIES\Godzilla Collection\Godzilla (1998)\Godzilla (1998).mkv
X:\MOVIES\Godzilla Collection\Godzilla (2014)\Godzilla (2014).mkv
X:\MOVIES\Goodfellas (1990)\Goodfellas (1990).mkv
X:\MOVIES\James Bond Collection\Goldfinger (1964)\Goldfinger (1964).mkv
etc.

That way, you have the best of both worlds. The movies are still in their own folder and you can organise them in a folderstructure for easy browsing. Kodi has no problem dealing with subfolders, it should handle them at least several levels deep.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2016-09-22, 17:47)adz7 Wrote: Looks like it may be possible according to tamplan and fryed_1 (however he cheated and used some metadata software to edit his nfo's by the looks of it):

It's not cheating at all! Big Grin

I use Ember Media Manager for all my metadata, I find it easier to change images and batch update metadata with a media manager
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Shouldn't be a problem to use a main folder and sub folder within. e.g. Action->James Bond->Live & let Die->Live & let Die.avi

The Sub folder should have a poster.jpg in the folder prior to scrape, if you want a James Bond image one it, instead of a system default and the scrapers set for scan recursively and movies are in seperate folders that match the contents.
Awesome thanks everyone for the input, really appreciate it. If I get stuck I'll sing out Smile
You guys are champs, I was able to edit the renamer in CouchPotato to the following:
Folder Naming: <thename>\(<year>) <thename>
Filenaming: (<year>) <thename>.<ext>

That way it produces:
Z:\Project X\(1987) Project X\(1987) Project X.mkv
Z:\Project X\(2012) Project X\(2012) Project X.mkv

This groups the two movies of the same name in the one upper folder 'Project X'. Then entering the subfolder as the year is set to be in front of the filename Windows automatically displays the separate subfolders for each different movie in the correct order as well.. awesomeness, thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder/Directory Structure0