Windows store KODI freezing on boot
got a Lenovo laptop running a dual core processor (2.20ghz) that has 4 gigs ram, windows 10 anniversary update and has the KODI 16 normal install running with no issues. Installed the windows store kodi and it freezes on first run and gives an error. each time I close and run, same thing happens.

normal kodi install works fine.

strangely, I have the windows store kodi installed on my hp stream 7 (1 gig ram) and it works fine. any suggestion?
Proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread. Log file/Advanced (wiki) please note : 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)
hey pat, thanks for the info but in case you never read my post, i dont get that far to go into settings and turn on debug mode. once i click the icon to load the windows store kodi, it only shows the splash screen and then crashes. where would i find the log files for the windows store kodi?
If you follow the link that PatK posted, you will see that it is possible to turn on debugging without having Kodi running. Therefore you should follow the link Log file/Advanced (wiki) and follow the instructions in section 1.2

Once you have created the file in the correct folder, start Kodi and it will write the debug log (wiki) that you need to pastebin and link to.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
here you go
Not a full debug log:

Code:
20:55:54 T:11456  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
20:55:54 T:11456  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

But love those ones:

Code:
20:55:55 T:11456  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.exodus
20:55:55 T:11456  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.metalkettle

A little bit of reading for you: forum rules (wiki) and banned addons (wiki)

One solution: removing all the banned crap you have and try to reproduce your issue
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-10-03, 06:01)Gracus Wrote: Not a full debug log:

Code:
20:55:54 T:11456  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
20:55:54 T:11456  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

But love those ones:

Code:
20:55:55 T:11456  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.exodus
20:55:55 T:11456  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.metalkettle

A little bit of reading for you: forum rules (wiki) and banned addons (wiki)

One solution: removing all the banned crap you have and try to reproduce your issue

yeah, figured i wouldn't have gotten any help but still tried anyway. thanks anyway "mr high and mighty"

anywho, i figured out the problem and got it sorted so you don't have to lose sleep over helping someone who may or may not use the banned crap. guess i know where to direct all my future queries, if i have any.
(2016-10-10, 05:05)rodogg Wrote: yeah, figured i wouldn't have gotten any help but still tried anyway. thanks anyway "mr high and mighty"

anywho, i figured out the problem and got it sorted so you don't have to lose sleep over helping someone who may or may not use the banned crap. guess i know where to direct all my future queries, if i have any.

With an attitude like that, and with such a disregard for the forum rules (wiki) and a disrespect for our members, it certainly won't be here. Any repeat of that attitude and you will be banned.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows store KODI freezing on boot0