TriggerRecordingUpdate
Is there a way to use the XBMC Commands plugin to refresh recordings with the command "TriggerRecordingUpdate"? I've tried a number of ways but nothing seems to work.

I'm running a couple of Raspberry Pis with NextPVR and everything works great with the exception of refreshing the list of recordings. It will update if I watch something for a little bit and then stop it or if I delete something, but won't do it automatically.

I can start a recording in NextPVR and it will put the alert up on the RPi that it has started and when it completes but it never updates my recordings list.

I figure if I can get the TriggerRecordingUpdate into the Commands addon I can make a combo of refresh/open recordings and then have a menu item call that command.

Thanks for any help on this.
Best way to fix this is to fix the NextPVR pvr client add-on. ;-)

Unfortunately, there seems to be no active maintainer for it. So, I'm afraid that this add-on will break sooner or later anyway.

Maybe it's a good idea to look for an alternative pvr backend instead of trying to keep NextPVR going with hacks?

just my 2ct, though.
Speaking of NextPVR, I merged all pending changes (while old they still patched cleanly on top of master), but yeah, it really needs a maintainer.
I've tried a couple of PVR back-ends but haven't had much success in getting everything working with how I have things set up. The recordings not refreshing is a minor annoyance compared to what I wouldn't be able to do with some of the other PVR backends.

The auto-refresh works fine on my Windows 10 Kodi install (which is also the same box as the NPVR install), but with my two Raspberry Pi's (one with openELEC and the other with LibreElec) the refresh does not work unless I restart, play something for a little bit, or delete something.
(2016-09-23, 08:33)ksooo Wrote: Unfortunately, there seems to be no active maintainer for it. So, I'm afraid that this add-on will break sooner or later anyway.

Maybe it's a good idea to look for an alternative pvr backend instead of trying to keep NextPVR going with hacks?
negge Wrote:Speaking of NextPVR, I merged all pending changes (while old they still patched cleanly on top of master), but yeah, it really needs a maintainer.
I'm am still actively maintaining it, but Kodi is very much a side project to the main NextPVR project, so will only really gets attention when it needs it - like if an API changes that'll break the addon etc, then I'll make sure support for the new API is implemented. (FYI, NextPVR is a one-man development project, so I'm spread pretty thin)

I'll usually investigate anything that gets raised, but thankfully things have been generally working pretty well. The only on-going issue I'm aware of, but haven't investigated in any detailed way, is the issue with changing channels using the NextPVR addon on the Fire TV. I don't have one of these devices or any real insight about why this device behaves differently to other Kodi platforms.
(2016-09-22, 20:55)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Is there a way to use the XBMC Commands plugin to refresh recordings with the command "TriggerRecordingUpdate"? I've tried a number of ways but nothing seems to work.
It should auto update. You running an to date build of Kodi and NextPVR? (there was a problem like this that was fixed a while back)

If you are up to date, post the kodi.log (with debug enabled), and the matching NextPVR logs and I'll take a look for you.
(2016-09-23, 21:02)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-09-23, 08:33)ksooo Wrote: Unfortunately, there seems to be no active maintainer for it. So, I'm afraid that this add-on will break sooner or later anyway.

negge Wrote:Speaking of NextPVR, I merged all pending changes (while old they still patched cleanly on top of master), but yeah, it really needs a maintainer.
I'm am still actively maintaining it, but Kodi is very much a side project to the main NextPVR project, so will only really gets attention when it needs it - like if an API changes that'll break the addon etc, then I'll make sure support for the new API is implemented. (FYI, NextPVR is a one-man development project, so I'm spread pretty thin)

I'll usually investigate anything that gets raised, but thankfully things have been generally working pretty well. The only on-going issue I'm aware of, but haven't investigated in any detailed way, is the issue with changing channels using the NextPVR addon on the Fire TV. I don't have one of these devices or any real insight about why this device behaves differently to other Kodi platforms.
Sub3, please accept the gratitude of all of us using nextPVR. I was introduced to it when I purchased my first Hauppauge tuner card which eventually led to discovering Kodi. I'm so thankful for all the hard work you've put into this project that I've started supporting the project financially. I'm also a developer and am more than willing to assist in any way I can with testing.
(2016-09-22, 20:55)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Is there a way to use the XBMC Commands plugin to refresh recordings with the command "TriggerRecordingUpdate"? I've tried a number of ways but nothing seems to work.

I'm running a couple of Raspberry Pis with NextPVR and everything works great with the exception of refreshing the list of recordings. It will update if I watch something for a little bit and then stop it or if I delete something, but won't do it automatically.

I can start a recording in NextPVR and it will put the alert up on the RPi that it has started and when it completes but it never updates my recordings list.

I figure if I can get the TriggerRecordingUpdate into the Commands addon I can make a combo of refresh/open recordings and then have a menu item call that command.

Thanks for any help on this.

Sent from my GT-P3113
As far as I'm aware, this issue is resolved in the most recent builds of the addon.
(2016-11-15, 03:48)sub3 Wrote: As far as I'm aware, this issue is resolved in the most recent builds of the addon.

I can confirm the problem still exists in LibreElec 8.0.1 and NextPVR 3.9.2.

It's really sad as NextPVR is the easiest and most stable of all the Kodi PVR solutions that I have found.
Post your kodi.log, and NextPVR logs and I'll take a look.
Hi just to add that the update(refresh) does not always work on Kodi on an Android TV

Would it be simpler to add a refresh button in the menu (as with Movie Library)

Thank you for this great DVR
(2017-12-08, 02:01)M4th76 Wrote: Would it be simpler to add a refresh button in the menu (as with Movie Library)
The NextPVR PVR addon can't add buttons to the screen.
As far as I'm aware, this was fixed a long time back. If you want to post logs demonstrating the problem, I'm happy to take a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TriggerRecordingUpdate0