v17 BOSD!!
BSOD when i try to initiate , i used to use the version of the official website and never have problems , and now installed the windows store app and get Blue screen when click to open !

I have all drivers installed and updated , checked today even after the blue screen.
I have the same problem!
Note that I use AMD Radeon software, tested with the latest drivers.

On my notebook, with a Nvidia, it work just fine.
I am using AMD latest drivers too , I have AMD hardware .
Please post a proper debug log to a public pastebin and link it back to this thread. Log file/Advanced (wiki)
(2016-09-23, 02:38)PatK Wrote: Please post a proper debug log to a public pastebin and link it back to this thread. Log file/Advanced (wiki)

I can't see any log, because it BSOD before start. No logs created on my end.
It's something we need to look at. We got some info from MS and our Windows devs will need to look what's happening as regular Kodi doesn't have this problem.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-09-23, 20:22)Martijn Wrote: It's something we need to look at. We got some info from MS and our Windows devs will need to look what's happening as regular Kodi doesn't have this problem.

Please, note that when I'm installing the program (from window store).. all the CPU start to "lag", and chrome & firefox become unstable, until the KERNEL crash... that was INSTALLING the program. I never encounter that odd problem before (it looks like a virus behaviour). Then I restart the PC, and when I tried to start the program I get the BSOD.
All this problem disappear after I remove KODI from the window store.
I tried to search windows event on that time lapse and I found this error, with [parameter 1 = 9] (RtlQueryRegistryValues) https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...s.85).aspx.

This problem does not happen on my notebook with an Nvidia video card.
Hmm yeah I've just noticed that AMD seems to be the common factor, I'm also sporting an AMD GPU, was using most current WHQL driver.

I thought it was win store version of Kodi but just now got the same type of BSOD using MPC-BE media player, very unusual only happened once and MPC-BE is a Win32 app.

The quality of AMD's drivers has really declined, I've updated to the latest beta from AMD in the hopes that might help.
Wondering if software rendering might fix this?
I can confirm AMD driver is the fault, I tested 3 different drivers with my RX 480.

16.9.2 - latest beta, this causes bsod

16.9.1 - most recent WHQL, this causes bsod (this driver only came out sept 13th)

16.7.3 - prior WHQL, Kodi win store runs fine, no bsod or crashes of any kind so far.

So AMD have screwed something up in the driver, maybe you guys could relay it to MS as they have a better chance of getting AMD to take notice.
(2016-09-24, 09:45)Starstream Wrote: I can confirm AMD driver is the fault, I tested 3 different drivers with my RX 480.

16.9.2 - latest beta, this causes bsod

16.9.1 - most recent WHQL, this causes bsod (this driver only came out sept 13th)

16.7.3 - prior WHQL, Kodi win store runs fine, no bsod or crashes of any kind so far.

So AMD have screwed something up in the driver, maybe you guys could relay it to MS as they have a better chance of getting AMD to take notice.

I've had similar problems with kodi not loading after the win 10 anniversary update (ver 1607) yesterday. It was working fine on a dual display with AMD Radeon HD 7560 D + RS235. The driver is Ver 15.201.1151.1008 dated 4 nov 2015 and is the latest for my hardware.

The last log entry was "14:17:48 T:3528 NOTICE: Checking resolution 16" then kodi stopped working.

On removing the driver for the second display kodi works once again.

Reinstalling the second screen causes Kodi to crash again.

Looks like Win 10 update has broken something....
I've been running the anniversary update the day it came out, it's not that, I'm sure it's the AMD driver.

It's possible it's specific to certain AMD GPU's depending upon the hardware your using v15 AMD drivers, which are for older generation hardware, v16 drivers are for current hardware like the RX series and are all dated 2016.

This is also in relation to the win store build of kodi, not the standalone desktop version.
Please help us and Microsoft getting this fixed by doing the following:
Getting a Watson bucket from the reliability monitor
1. Click "Start" and type in "View Reliability History"
2. In the graph at the top, select the day that the blue screen happened
3. Look down in the list and select the right event (not sure exactly what it will say, but I suspect it will be a critical event. You should be able to tell by the Date whether it’s the right one)
4. Right click on that event, and choose View Technical Details
5. Please give us the Bucket ID text at the end of the list that is between the ( )
Thank you
(2016-09-29, 18:29)Martijn Wrote: Please help us and Microsoft getting this fixed by doing the following:
Getting a Watson bucket from the reliability monitor
1. Click "Start" and type in "View Reliability History"
2. In the graph at the top, select the day that the blue screen happened
3. Look down in the list and select the right event (not sure exactly what it will say, but I suspect it will be a critical event. You should be able to tell by the Date whether it’s the right one)
4. Right click on that event, and choose View Technical Details
5. Please give us the Bucket ID text at the end of the list that is between the ( )
Thank you

I can't find the bucket ID... so I paste everything

Code:
Origen
Windows

Resumen
Cierre inesperado

Fecha
‎21/‎9/‎2016 06:26

Estado
Informe enviado

Firma del problema
Nombre de evento de problema:    BlueScreen
Código:    139
Parámetro 1:    9
Parámetro 2:    ffffe5011b466c10
Parámetro 3:    ffffe5011b466b68
Parámetro 4:    0
Versión de SO:    10_0_14393
Service Pack:    0_0
Producto:    256_1
Versión de SO:    10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Id. de configuración regional:    11274

Archivos que ayudan a describir el problema (es posible que algunos archivos ya no estén disponibles)
092116-6953-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Información adicional sobre el problema
Id. de depósito:    BAD_DUMPFILE

Code:
Descripción
El equipo se reinició después de una comprobación de errores. La comprobación de errores fue: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000009, 0xffffe5011b466c10, 0xffffe5011b466b68, 0x0000000000000000). Se guardó un volcado en: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Id. de informe: 625f6d2f-70f1-4f1f-a571-7a73355cba2f.
hi @francogp

Thank you but it seems We provided enough information to Microsoft and they have identified the problem. It seems to be cause by AMD drivers and you either need to rollback some versions or just use the Kodi program that you can download from http://kodi,tv
A fix will be issued by Microsoft/AMD in the future i hope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOSD!!0