How To Refresh Entire Library
So I want to Refresh my movie library with update fan art, covers and more importantly IMDB ratings.

I've tried to Change Content to None, cleaning the library and adding it back in with no luck. It still pulls the old data and won't update my library with the IMDB ratings (IMDB ratings is selected in settings btw)

I've had the same results with Universal Scraper

What does work ... if I Refresh each move individually. This of course is not practical.

So is there a way to Refresh the entire library and if I wanted to clean up all the fanart and meta data that's stored in a folder along with the movie is that possible?

TIA for the help and suggestions Smile
Export the library to multiple files, don't export artwork. Throw away your library and rescan and it will pull all new artwork. Than use texturecache maintenance tool to update imdb ratings and prune your previous artwork and to cache the new artwork.
Thanks but now in layman's language please. All that went over my head lol
The way I'd do it:
Make sure kodi is not running.
Open your userdata folder: Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>
In that folder open the 'Database' folder.
Re-name the following files in userdata/database (where xx is any number - and ignore the warning about changing extensions, the re-naming is to hide them from kodi):
-myvideoxx.db to myvideoxx.dbold
-Texturesxx.db to Textures.dbold
Now go back to the main userdata folder and re-name the 'Thumbnails' folder to 'Thumbnailsold'
Start kodi
Set your content as you want and scan.

That will give you a fresh video library (movies and tv) as well as deleting all artwork (from everywhere!), so that will be re-cached as you access it. If it works and you're happy delete all the files you re-named. If not you can delete the newly created stuff (texturesxx.db, myvideosxx.db, thumbnails), name the old ones as they were originally and you're back to normal.

To back up the whole kodi folder before you start (never a bad idea) just
from Start - type %APPDATA%\ - press <Enter>
Copy the whole kodi folder from there to wherever you like - if things go pear-shaped delete the working folder and restore the backup. If you do that you don't need to worry about re-naming files as in the step-by-step, just delete them if you want.

The above is - I'm sure - not the 'approved method' - but it works and it's straightforward. Use it if you want, no guarantees etc.

Edit: none of that will help if you have .nfo's and artwork in your movie folders, as they'll be scanned which is why you get the same library. There's no way (that I know of) to get rid of them from inside kodi, but that's the first thing you need to do before re-scanning.
How you go about that is up to you, I'd probably try a batch script to delete all files with a particular extension, eg .nfo, .jpg.
This sort of thing... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13139...batch-file.

And another edit: I'm not for a second saying the texture cache tool is a bad method. It's great. But I also remember how long it took me to work out how to use it (semi-)effectively.
The real power of the texturecache tool is that you can use it in cron jobs overnight. It's set it and forget it after that.
Thanks for the help Troggy!!

So I was able delete .jpg .png .actors .nfo etc.. right in windows explorer by using the search feature. I have all my videos stored in 4 different locations so I was able to do it fairly quick. It was the simplest way to do it and didn't take long at all. This left me with just the video file which is what I needed. just followed your instructions after that Smile

(2016-09-23, 16:27)trogggy Wrote: The way I'd do it:
Make sure kodi is not running.
Open your userdata folder: Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>
In that folder open the 'Database' folder.
Re-name the following files in userdata/database (where xx is any number - and ignore the warning about changing extensions, the re-naming is to hide them from kodi):
-myvideoxx.db to myvideoxx.dbold
-Texturesxx.db to Textures.dbold
Now go back to the main userdata folder and re-name the 'Thumbnails' folder to 'Thumbnailsold'
Start kodi
Set your content as you want and scan.

That will give you a fresh video library (movies and tv) as well as deleting all artwork (from everywhere!), so that will be re-cached as you access it. If it works and you're happy delete all the files you re-named. If not you can delete the newly created stuff (texturesxx.db, myvideosxx.db, thumbnails), name the old ones as they were originally and you're back to normal.

To back up the whole kodi folder before you start (never a bad idea) just
from Start - type %APPDATA%\ - press <Enter>
Copy the whole kodi folder from there to wherever you like - if things go pear-shaped delete the working folder and restore the backup. If you do that you don't need to worry about re-naming files as in the step-by-step, just delete them if you want.

The above is - I'm sure - not the 'approved method' - but it works and it's straightforward. Use it if you want, no guarantees etc.

Edit: none of that will help if you have .nfo's and artwork in your movie folders, as they'll be scanned which is why you get the same library. There's no way (that I know of) to get rid of them from inside kodi, but that's the first thing you need to do before re-scanning.
How you go about that is up to you, I'd probably try a batch script to delete all files with a particular extension, eg .nfo, .jpg.
This sort of thing... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13139...batch-file.

And another edit: I'm not for a second saying the texture cache tool is a bad method. It's great. But I also remember how long it took me to work out how to use it (semi-)effectively.
Glad it worked, thanks for confirming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Refresh Entire Library0