Any Skin supporting limited access to System?
I'm installing Kodi on a new PC for my 80yo dad.

Is there a Skin (or an option in Kodi) to limit acces to 'System' menu to stop him from 'playing' with settings options? I'd like to be able to set it up and limit his options to get into trouble (he's been using PCs for 20 years but is totally unaware of anything technical...)

I was thinking Aeon Nox Silvio and customising the menu but of course I can't remove System as I may need to get into that menu to make future changes.

Maybe I could remove System from the main menu but add a shortcut to that that's a submenu that's not so obvious. Any ideas?
You can do it with about any skin. Just delete the "System" home menu item. You can still access it by pressing s in the home menu. Another option would be to set the system menu to "Basic". This would allow access to a limited number of items.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks
Aeon mq7 has a kiosk mode and is extremely customizable. Keep in mind you may prefer to have a more powerful box to run it on.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
As a belt and braces I'd suggest sticking teamviewer on his pc - I routinely used to use that for my dad to start videos for him (he had Alzheimer's), but it also gives a very easy way to sort out any problems at a distance.
That plus the backup add-on and he really can't break it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any Skin supporting limited access to System?0