Poll: Which version of Mimic do you want to see released for Kodi 17?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mimic 4.x
43.75%
Mimic 5.x
56.25%
Total
16 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Poll - Which Mimic version do you want for Kodi 17 Krypton?
You'll notice that there are 2 threads for Mimic versions that work with Kodi 17 Krypton. One, Mimic 4.x, is basically 3.x updated for Kodi 17. It has all of the same home screen customization, etc. The other version, Mimic 5.x, is what I have been working on for the past few months and is a significant departure from the previous version. It has a completely redesigned home screen (albeit with less customization), rounded textures, more font options, etc.

All of my recent/future development has been on Mimic 5.x. I've just been spending minimal effort in keeping Mimic 4.x updated with the latest skinning changes for Krypton. My plan has always been to release Mimic 4.x for Krypton and hold back Mimic 5.x for Kodi 18. The main reason for this is I didn't want to spring a completely redesigned skin on users right away, and instead give them one more release cycle with the previous design.

My question to you now is, which version of Mimic would you like to see released for Kodi 17 Krypton? Mimic 4.x or 5.x? Just wondering if users would rather see 5.x released for Kodi 17. It's coming eventually, but would you rather see it now or later?

Let me know!
I'd say Mimic 5
I like the things that work for me. Mimic 4 works for me and that is why I've never tried Mimic 5. If Mimic 5 is somehow close to the default Kodi 17 skin I vote for

Mimic 4
Mimic 5 as it's the version I use actually and I m pretty satisfied with it.
Mimic 5 definitely! Very nice, simple and beautiful dkin.
4... customization options = good!

LOVE the skin...
Looks like I'll stick with Mimic 4 for the official Krypton release. Mimic 5 will be pushed to the Kodi 18 repo when it opens up.
I prefer v4. I love it

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk
Changed my mind, it is becoming too difficult to keep Mimic 4.x up to date with latest skin and script changes. Will release Mimic 5.x for Kodi 17.
I can't get any of them to import from 16.1 to 17 and not get disabled saying incompatible.

Is there anything I can do to get my mimic setup in 16.1 to work in 17? When I install 17 over 16.1 everything imports correctly except Mimic.

Rich
(2016-12-03, 18:35)rkkeller Wrote: I can't get any of them to import from 16.1 to 17 and not get disabled saying incompatible.

Is there anything I can do to get my mimic setup in 16.1 to work in 17? When I install 17 over 16.1 everything imports correctly except Mimic.

Rich
Are you saying that after installing Kodi 17, Mimic will not update? Not sure what you mean by "import."
version 5
(2016-12-03, 23:06)tkgafs Wrote: version 5
You're going to have to explain exactly what the issue is. If you're trying to manually download Mimic 5 from github and install via zip, it should work. I did this the other day on a clean install. If you're having issues, try manually extracting the files rather than installing via zip.

Other than that, you can wait until Mimic 5 is in the Kodi repo...I just requested that it be added.
(2016-12-03, 20:01)braz Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 18:35)rkkeller Wrote: I can't get any of them to import from 16.1 to 17 and not get disabled saying incompatible.

Rich
Are you saying that after installing Kodi 17, Mimic will not update? Not sure what you mean by "import."

I am trying to update Kodi from 16.1 to 17 and Kodi 17 imports everything except Mimic. When you install 17 over 16.1, 17 imports and updates all your addons and skins, except Mimic.

If you have Kodi 16.1 somewhere with Mimic, try installing 17 over it not a fresh install then you will get an error that Mimic is not compatable and its gone.

Rich

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poll - Which Mimic version do you want for Kodi 17 Krypton?0