Library indexing on NAS / Synology
Hi all,

All my content (most music) is on a synology NAS.
Kodi uses the mysql database on the same NAS for the library.
The indexing is done by Kodi.

I was wondering...

Is it possible to let the indexing also do by the NAS?
Someone familiar with this?

I know what you're thinking... but for me it would be great when all the indexing can be done even when Kodi is not available/running.
AKAIK Kodi creates the MySQL dbs with indexing, then those indices are used by anything that accesses that database. It is your data, so up to you what you do with it. Browse it with php or other data browsers, edit it if you like, but don't complain here if you break it and Kodi doesn't work.

So I really don't understand what you mean about "indexing can be done even when Kodi is not available/running"
It sounds like what you want is a headless version of Kodi to run on your NAS. The answer to that is there is no such thing. There are some folks working on a headless version of Kodi to do just what you've described, but I don't think they're horribly close. For now the best you can do is have a machine always running Kodi to do all the indexing and then have other devices that actually hook to your TV.
Thank you for the replies.

@DaveBlake
It is not about what to do with the MySql library data. It is about what fills/maintains it.
De content and databases are already on the same machine, for me it would be great when also the indexing cloud be done on this device.

@pkscout
Correct.
Nevertheless the answer is not positive, it is the answer I was looking for.

Btw, I the meantime found an article, in Dutch, about a headless Kodi installation just for the purpose I was looking for,
Sadly my Synology does not support docker,
This is the article: http://www.synology-forum.nl/docker/(how...et-docker/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library indexing on NAS / Synology0