What happened to interactive artist scraping?
Why can't I interact with music scrapers? Its pulling the wrong data from online sources for "Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra" as Album Artist. What's more when it scans the nfo In the folder it doesn't bother actually reading the artist name instead it still uses "Amanda Palmer" and "The Grand Theft Orchestra" as two different entities, I have used MediaElch to scrape the proper info from MusicBrainz and other sources (so i know the sources have the artist as a group) even fanart.tv has Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra as a "group" so does AllMusic, etc...etc...etc. However it always does exactley the same.

Why is it I can't select an artist when scraping music?
There are a lot of holes and misinformation (wrong artists- luckily most of that incorrect artist info is hidden whet it?n using the option to remove compilation artists because I rarely have problems with Album Artist info) in my library because there is no option to select an artist, which there very well should be when updating or scraping an individual artist or group.

Now before someone goes and blames my metadata let me stop them right now, my metadata is meticulously managed using Musicbrainz Picard as my base tagging app, plus a rigorous inspection process. and most certainly before posting here I have checked that my metadata is correct (deleting all metadata and re-tagging re-inspecting). I don't know where the process goes wrong, and with all due respect don't much care. I simply want to know why i don't have the option to correct it?

There used to be a web-plugin that i could go in and manually edit this info but no longer.

However i have corrected it (sorta) by using a Sqlite Database Editor. It should however be easier.... I'm almost certain you used to have the option to select the artists... I could be wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to interactive artist scraping?0