v17 advancedsettings cache/flac 3 gaps prob
Is <buffermode>1</buffermode> being ignored in 17b2 and the nightlies since?

There is a long term (since 15) issue with 3 brief pauses over about 5 seconds in flac playback (local, from another drive in the same system) as kodi buffers the next track, usually solved by setting it to cache everything, it is back with a vengeance in 17b2.

Buffermode 1 would completely break music playback in all 17 versions up to b2, would never play the next track and would stop after any single track then not play anything else. Since b2 it plays a queue fine, but the 3 gaps are back.
buffermode should still work, but the other two tags have changed: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_...17_changes
Yeah I am aware of the new tags and have been using them, got that from the wiki, cheers Wink

After a ton of testing today, about 7 hours in at this stage, I have realised the issue isnt with playback itself, its with milkdrop2.

The 3 gaps in flacs prob isnt there regardless of cache settings if I dont use milkdrop2. But if I do, not only are they back, but I have realised I can force it to happen by cutting between fullscreen (I use fullscreen window) and windowed a few times quickly. No issues at all without vis.

Just going between fullscreen and windowed causes glitches in playback that dont happen when not using any vis or when using shadertoy, i didnt try other vis.

Im guessing this is going to turn out to be an AMD driver issue, but do we know if MD2 has any issues with caching? I used to see a very similar issue with the original milkdrop vis when I added the megapack of presets (8000+), could it simply be memory usage issues?

If its worth me delving deeper into I will get logs etc, but for now its chill time, test time is over Smile

Edit: In testing something else (other thread re wasapi exclusive) I found an issue with the realtek software, could well be part of the prob here if milkdrop2 isnt getting what it needs due to the realtek driver/software, not sure where in the chain milkdrop generates its vis. Ill check it tomorrow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings cache/flac 3 gaps prob0