v16 No Audio on Live TV during adverts
Hi All,

I've got one raspberry pi3 plugged into my Samsung tv. Signal is fed from a tvheadend on another pi.

I noticed that on channel 4hd (freeview in the UK), when watching a film that is broadcast in 5.1 audio, the audio went quiet in the ads. I realised that during the ad's the broadcast appears to switch to 2.0 stereo sound (if that may be anything to do with it). Even when returning to the film, when the broadacst seems to switch to 5.1 again, the sounds remains absent.

The only way to get it back is to switch channels, then back again.

I've tried enabled pass through and playing with just about all the sounds settings. It just happens again when the ad's come on.

Anyone got any ideas?
Post a debug log (wiki) of it happening.
I thought this was a feature request (and was ready to +1 it for the rare times when I will watch something live)
This is amazing. I wish kodi would automatically mute my TV when commercials play. I do this now manually. Sorry this is not what you want.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Heh yes its quite handy I guess. I only wish the sound would then come back when the film comes back on though.

To get the logs I'll have to wait for another film in 5.1 to be broadcast. In the meantime, if anyone has a clue what the heck it is, please reply to thread, as I cannot see what else to change, unless it something at the tvheadend ..end.

Just realised I did record the film, and have just tried playing on the Kodi windows client and the other pi with a monitor attached, and it plays fine. Will try in on the Pi/Samsung tv in question later.
Hi,
I'm getting this exact same problem with channel 4hd. Also running TV Headend.
It happens on both Libreelec and OSMC and only seems to affect live TV - recordings are fine.
Here's my debug log: http://sprunge.us/jCHi
Thanks in advance.
Can you test with a Krypton build?
Jarvis won't be receiving any updates and I suspect this may be fixed on Krypton.
Glad I wasn't going mad when I reported this, but sad to hear others have the same issue. You will find that changing the HD channel, then back again, brings the sound back. It appears to be related to the broadcast changing sound format in the adverts, and KODI being unable to adapt to the change, in my experience. I never was able to fix it. Its very frustrating.
Yeah it is a pain. Luckily we mostly watch recordings rather than live tv so don't come across it much. Like you say switching channel fixes it.
I did try a Krpton build a couple of months back but kept getting a version number error or something with tvheadend so gave up. I will give it another go and report back.
A quick update on this - I've been running Krypton for over a week now and haven't experienced this issue anymore. I think its safe to assume the issue has been resolved. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio on Live TV during adverts0