One or more items failed to play.
Getting the error One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Naturally I have no idea what I am suppose to look for in the log file...

This error usually happens when the next media file is suppose to play.

After you click ok to acknowledge the error the screen goes black and their is no response to the remote or keyboard, you can wait 5 or so minuted for the screen to come back or you can yank the power cord from the Raspberry Pi 3 and reboot the thing, everything was working fine in the past it just started doing this.

Suggestions?

Openelec 6.0.3 Kodi 15.2

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]
This happens when playing media from a hard drive NOT and not with any add-ons, the hard drive is connected to another Raspberry Pi I access the files using wifi, this setup has worked great for a while and the problems just started a week or so ago, More on Add-ons the only add-ons I have is the ones that came packaged with Openelec I used the "Log Viewer for Kodi" to look for errors.
What are you trying to play when you get this message? Are you using certain add-ons? If so please bear in mind http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons .

If you're having a legitimate issue that we can provide support for please refer to http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log on how to provide a debig log.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
That's what happens when a source is not working, either broken or offline. Usually one of the banned.
Smile 
(2016-09-25, 08:26)Dangelus Wrote: What are you trying to play when you get this message? Are you using certain add-ons? If so please bear in mind http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons .

If you're having a legitimate issue that we can provide support for please refer to http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log on how to provide a debig log.

Sorry I should have been more descriptive but I didn't want to type details that are not needed I assumed the first thing everybody would want is to see the log file no use telling everybody how to build a watch when they just need to know the time Smile

I updated my original post with....

This happens when playing media from a hard drive NOT and not with any add-ons, the hard drive is connected to another Raspberry Pi I access the files using wifi, this setup has worked great for a while and the problems just started a week or so ago, More on Add-ons the only add-ons I have is the ones that came packaged with Openelec I used the "Log Viewer for Kodi" to look for errors.

I turned on debug logging I will return with a link to the log file once I can duplicate the error.

Thanks.
(2016-09-25, 17:12)donbrew Wrote: That's what happens when a source is not working, either broken or offline. Usually one of the banned.

Source in this case is a media drive that is connected to another Raspberry Pi on the home network that has Openelec installed, that Pi is connected directly to the router with a cable then the router sends media data over the wireless in the house.

Thanks.
Yes it does sound like you are losing access to the source files you have in your library for some reason. The best course of action would be to replicate the issue and submit a http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log following the instructions in the ink.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Probably the wifi part dropping bits. Or maybe the router needs tinkering with; some silly sounding things like which type of security can make a stream difference; WPA, WPA2, WEP etc. And which compatibility mode.
Ok what is the difference between a video being selected and played manually from the file list and automatically being played automatically as the next video on the list?

I think I have narrowed the problem, I noticed the error (One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message) happens when one video ends and it automatically plays the next video.

After video 1 finished and progressed automatically to video 2 the error happen, after acknowledging the error I manually selected the failed to play video 2 and it played as normal, wanting to repeat the error I re-selected video 1 then hit the key on the keyboard that plays the next video when it tried to play video 2 it would fail and give the same error again, I can manually start video 1 and video 2 by manually selecting each video they play without error, the problem is when Kodi tries to go to the next file automatically or by the keyboard press, I assume since both videos do play ok its the procedure Kodi is using that is the problem?

Any idea why the video will fail to play when switching from one video to another?
Tried to upload a log using the Kodi Logfile Uploader it does not work says to view the error log for details.... I am looking at the logfiles what one do you need their are 10 files in the zip file?

Thanks.
We want ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log - get that onto a paste site (e.g. pastebin.com) and post the link.
(2016-09-30, 14:44)popcornmix Wrote: We want ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log - get that onto a paste site (e.g. pastebin.com) and post the link.

Ok I am accessing the logs from Windows explorer all I see is a "LogFiles" directory in that directory is a bunch of zip files in each zip file is 10 files one of the files in fach zip is the file 01_KODI.log is this the same? I do not see a ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log any place.

Thanks
Looking at the top line in the 01_KODI.log file it says # ... output of cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log I will assume this is the same as ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log"

I tried to cut and paste the logfile into pastebin.com get the error "You have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste. PRO users don't have this limit!"

Do you need to see the whole log or just part of it?

Thanks.
Install PuTTY (link).

Enable SSH in the OpenELEC Settings addon.

Enter the IP address of your OpenELEC client into PuTTY, enter the username "root" and password "openelec".

Then run:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log  | pastebinit
and finally, paste the link here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-30, 22:44)Milhouse Wrote: Install PuTTY (link).

Enable SSH in the OpenELEC Settings addon.

Enter the IP address of your OpenELEC client into PuTTY, enter the username "root" and password "openelec".

Then run:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log  | pastebinit
and finally, paste the link here.

Amazing, I just received an email notification someone replied to this thread, so someone changed this sites settings prompting the site to send an notification?
You get an email on threads you are subscribed to.

You can set the forum to automatically subscribe to threads you post to, or you can manually subscribe to a thread with the link at the bottom left of the page.

Anyway, none of this is solving your problem. For that we are awaiting your log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One or more items failed to play.0