v17 Kodi UI not fitting on TV screen
I'm running LE 7.95.05 on RPi3 into a loan TV while my main set is off being repaired. No matter how I set the resolution Kodi does not quite fit on the screen, I can only see bottom left of time etc. TV is standard Panasonic 1080p 50 Hz set, and other devices e.g. Humax PVR, connected to it display fine.

Is there a known issue, am I missing some setup, or would someone like a debug log?
I would first disable all overscan options on your TV and if that doesn't work try the scaling options in config.txt
Setting>system>display>(scroll down)calibration>video calibration

Then start at the upper left cursor off screen drag the corner down, then do the same lower left. Done
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm just feeling a bit surprized to need to do this. Pre thunderstorm, Kodi 15.0 (OE) on RPi2 and my TV were just fine out of the box. I thought 1080p was definative enough?
Some TV's enable overscan by default. On my panasonic the option is called 16:9 overscan. Turn that off to have the complete image.
I have a couple of (oldish) Vieras and they both came with overscan settings enabled by default. Once that was turned off 1080P (or 720p on the tiddler) fitted the screen.
Disable overscan on the TV - you want the TV to display pixels 1:1.

Remove (or comment out) any overscan settings from /flash/config.txt (upload the file if you're not sure).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I can use it out of the box on my newer 46 inch (real 1080P) TV, move it to my older 42 inch and have to diddle with overscan.
The older TV gets noise in 1080P 60, but is fine at 720P 60. I have Windows on a different HDMI input on the older TV, have to do overscan adjustment, but it works fine at 1080P or 1080i at 60.

And years ago, when I first got the older one, I found out that 1080p is not 1080p. On mine it turns out that it is actually 1080p 59.4; my PC video card handles that automatically, the RPi 1B does not.
Always fix this on the TV end if at all possible.
Otherwise playing 1080p video on a 1080p display will be resized twice causing a softer/blurrier image.
Fix it on the TV end and the pixels will be displayed untouched.
It is a loan TV while mine is away being fixed, doesn't even have a remote, picture quality isn't a priority. :p
I just wondered what was happening, and I have learned lots from all the replies, thanks to all.

Having twiddled with display calibration in Kodi I am guessing I will need to clear this when my actual TV is reattached. What is the best way to do that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi UI not fitting on TV screen0