Win Too many issues with this version. Need help with a better version..
Hi everyone,

So I downloaded the latest version of Xbmc/Kodi and I'm trying to add my rom list to it (SNES, NES, Sega). I've been trying to do this for the past two days to no avail!

The software simply won't let me do it. Here's the list of errors I've had:

1: Kodi freezes and I need to force close it after playing a game sometimes. after which all my rom data/list goes away.
2: Freezes while scanning/importing games multiple times after which there's no data saved again!
3: Freezes while downloading info from the database and after I press 'cancel', it freezes, has to be force-closed.
4: Sometimes after this, it opens up and says that it's busy cancelling the scan and I should try again later. This takes forever and the user data in my profile save needs to be deleted, after which I need to start the whole process again and go back to the living hell that is in point number 1.

Sorry if I sound frustrated, but it's been two days and is eating away at my spare time. All I want to do is add my roms.

Is there another stable version I could use? The Ace theme doesn't work on this version either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Which version are you using?
I'm using the latest one posted on their website.

This doesn't even scan all of my roms. Some of the artwork is downloaded for the rom and yet the rom isn't seen in the main list. Also, the artwork is there for a few, but doesn't shop up when on display. Sad
(2016-09-25, 17:02)SylentEcho Wrote: I'm using the latest one posted on their website.

This doesn't even scan all of my roms. Some of the artwork is downloaded for the rom and yet the rom isn't seen in the main list. Also, the artwork is there for a few, but doesn't shop up when on display. Sad
What version number?
Version 16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53

Thanks for trying to help out, btw. :-)
(2016-09-26, 01:25)SylentEcho Wrote: Version 16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53

Thanks for trying to help out, btw. :-)

What addon are you using to scan in your roms, it may be better to post in that addons forum section to ensure the appropriate people would see your question. The reason I say this is because stock kodi doesn't import roms.
Thanks for the advice.

The addon is Rom Collection Browser and it works perfectly for everybody else. I'll look into another version.
One suggestion...
Look into portable installs (wiki and threads here). That way you can install different versions side-by-side without them interfering with each other. I'd echo the post above though... you're more likely to find the help you need if you post in the Rom Collection Browser threads. And if trying another version doesn't fix it (which it might, but I'd be surprised) you'll need to provide some debug logs (wiki) for people to look at.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too many issues with this version. Need help with a better version..0