Win UWP Kodi App in Windows Store
Hi I have a few questions regarding the new Kodi 17+ UWP app in the Windows Store:

1)Will it become fully universal? And eventually be available on Windows 10 mobile, XBOX and Hololens

2)How will we be able to change and copy the userdata files and where will they be stored?

3)Will we be able to backup the userdata to onedrive so that the setup stays the same on any windows 10 device registered to your windows account?

4)Will it support Cortana commands? Like Play Kodi, Pause Kodi ,Play Star Wars on Kodi, Play The Big Bang Theory, Season 2,Episode 5 on Kodi, Play oasis album on Kodi, Update Kodi library etc.....

5)Will it support live tiles and rich notifications? Like new episode of ........... available now, when library updates or notification with pic on Big Bang Theory saying new episode available

6)If you make available on Windows 10 mobile will it support continuum mode? As this would be a game changer, allowing anybody to have kodi on their phone and just use it on any screen, while having a kodi remote app running on your phone at the same time which would allow many users to get rid of their dedicated Android Box/ PC / Fire stick, etc......... Especially if you have one in every room

7)Will it natively support Xbox one controller? (Bluetooth one as well)

8)Will it have option to not update in app settings?

9)Will it have somewhere to donate as an in app purchase?

Thanks for finally making kodi run from windows store, hope you can enable it on windows mobile with continuum and on Xbox as that would be a full circle from where you started and good luck developing !!!!!!!
Hi Craigrs,

A lot of your questions are answered in the article on the front page: https://kodi.tv/kodi-goes-windows-store/
Some questions can't be answered yet because there are many plans and ideas but someone has to be interested to write the code and test it, and also have the time and skills to do it.
My guess (which is as good as yours) is that Kodi will become an universal app eventually. Whether it will support Cortana, I am not sure. It would be sexy if Kodi understood voice commands but then again it might be dangerous if someone gets frustrated and tells Kodi to f*ck off. Noone knows what will happen then, it might be messyLaugh

As for Livetiles, as Kodi is mostly used fullscreen I don't see much use for that. There might be other services to show whether new episodes are available already, just like the weather app.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UWP Kodi App in Windows Store0