Mounting a usb drive in kodi for recordings
Question 
So I have setup Kodi in Librelec with TVHeadend and the channels work fine and I have epg listings. I have a 500gb usb drive attached to my device which I want to use for the recordings but I have no idea how to change the default location from the built in storage to the usb drive.

Can anyone help me Huh
Your best bet is to consult the tvheadend website: https://tvheadend.org
Yeah I've already looked there and I ain't got a clue lol.

Click Configuration tab, followed by Recording in the row underneath.

On the right hand side there'll be a big box called 'Parameters'. Scroll it down to 'Recording File Options' and there is a box there called 'Recording system path'. You need to type in the full path to where your USB drive is mounted and then click Save, up on the top left.

EDIT

If you don't know where it's mounted, ssh into LibreElec and type in df -h
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-26, 08:27)black_eagle Wrote: Log into TVH.

Click Configuration tab, followed by Recording in the row underneath.

On the right hand side there'll be a big box called 'Parameters'. Scroll it down to 'Recording File Options' and there is a box there called 'Recording system path'. You need to type in the full path to where your USB drive is mounted and then click Save, up on the top left.

Thanks, Ive seen that but my issue is that I have no idea how the full path actually is. Kodi can see the drive under File Manager so I know its there just not sure how to get TVHeadend to direct to it.
Yeah, I thought it might be that. See my edit. Should be easy to identify the drive from the size.
And this will show me the full path to put into TVHeadend??
Should do yes.

Code:
kitchen:~ # df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs                165.6M         0    165.6M   0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1          511.7M    127.6M    384.1M  25% /flash
/dev/sda1                14.5G      8.7G      5.1G  63% /storage
/dev/loop0              117.9M    117.9M         0 100% /
tmpfs                   170.7M         0    170.7M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                   170.7M      5.8M    164.9M   3% /run
tmpfs                   170.7M         0    170.7M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                   170.7M         0    170.7M   0% /tmp
tmpfs                   170.7M    236.0K    170.4M   0% /var
/dev/mmcblk0p2            6.6G      4.2M      6.6G   0% /var/media/mmcblk0p2-mmc-00000_0xa4e41312
kitchen:~ #

From the above I can see that there is a 16G usb stick ( /dev/sda1) which is mounted as /storage . If I wanted to use that, then in TVH the path I would put in is /storage.

You need to identify your USB drive (should be easy from the size) and use the path on the right hand side (which is where it's mounted) in TVH.
@black_eagle : Many thanks for your help. I have now been able to point to the usb drive and confirm recordings are working. Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mounting a usb drive in kodi for recordings0