v17 Windows App causes Bluescreen
Hello!

First of all, I want to say that I really like Kodi.
I am using the Windows Desktop Version for month if not years.
I use it also on a Windows 10 Mini Tablet and on an Android Tablet.

So of course I wanted to test the new Windows (Store) App.

But to make it short...it is the only(!) App on my whole system which causes a BSOD. (Bluescreen)
If have no ideo what to do about this or even where to start finding why that is happening.

Maybe somebody here can help me or give me a hint?

Thanks in advance!
I heard their may be an issue with the Windows (Store) App install, they're working on it. Until then grab it from the link at the top left.
Thank you for letting me know!

I use 16.1 as a "normal" programm on my desktop, works fine.

Just wanted to test the "app" version, there is a possibility to install it without the store?

Thank you very much!
I also get bsod EVERYTIME I try the kodi windows shop app. I've removed, reinstalled, removed antiviras. Tried everything yet still I get bsod. Does anyone actually check that it works before releasing it?
(2016-09-26, 21:00)mattyspurs76 Wrote: I also get bsod EVERYTIME I try the kodi windows shop app. I've removed, reinstalled, removed antiviras. Tried everything yet still I get bsod. Does anyone actually check that it works before releasing it?

they do test things but unless you want to donate hardware to them they can't test every combination out there and things break, i can use it perfectly fine so maybe it's your fault also who knows, but post like that aren't helpful or nice way to thank the devs for there free time and making a pretty awesome piece of software
I agree to orby!

Anyway I hope they are working on a fix ;-)
what is the error listed in the BSOD? can you share the minidump file in C:\Windows\Minidump or post the callstack? thanks!
Please help us and Microsoft getting this fixed by doing the following:
Getting a Watson bucket from the reliability monitor
1. Click "Start" and type in "View Reliability History"
2. In the graph at the top, select the day that the blue screen happened
3. Look down in the list and select the right event (not sure exactly what it will say, but I suspect it will be a critical event. You should be able to tell by the Date whether it’s the right one)
4. Right click on that event, and choose View Technical Details
5. Please give us the Bucket ID text at the end of the list that is between the ( )
Thank you
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows App causes Bluescreen0