No Sound on MXQ Android box
Hey, I'm looking for some help.

Today it seems that the sound no longer works on my android box, no sound when navigating and clicking on the main screen, no sound in showbox, no sound in kodi, nothing, I have done everything I can think of, I have switched the HDMI cable, I have connected the box to another TV, I have unplugged and plugged it back in, I have been into the settings and turned audio detection on and off I settings, I have switched output between HDMI passthrough to PCI to SPDIF or whatever it is called, none of those settings work, I have been into the Kodi settings and checked that its set to 2.0 etc... I have done all the troubleshooting I can find online! I have even gone as far as to reset the box to factory settings, and nothing! still no sound, I was watching TV and movies on the box just fine last night, but today I have nothing!

I have also been into my TV settings, and although even in advanced options it does not give you much to choose from, HDMI settings I have the option of bitstream and PCI or whatever its called to choose from! I have chosen both, and even tried to correlate the settings with both the box and the TV!

I just don't understand how it goes from being fine, to not working! I haven't updated anything or downloaded any new apps, I have tried to clear the cache and close the apps I have been using, yet none of these solutions seem to work, so I am out of ideas and out of sources for solutions on the internet.

SO.... Your help would be appreciated (oh and yes I did check that the TV and the box are not muted! volume on the box is turned up!)

Its really frustrating.... so please help!
Sorry but you haven't pressed the mute button by any chance ?
Yes I have checked the volume! Not getting much support from the support forum!
Do I get it right that you have no sound in other apps, either?
If so, it's obviously unrelated to Kodi and you should seek support from the box vendor.
Might be a long shot but are you using any kind of air mouse?
Can't really explain it but some air mouse doesn't work with android boxes. Remove the USB transmitter from the box, restart the box and try again.
I have experienced the same problem with my air mouse (from Minix) with several android boxes.
Regarding, 3rd party remotes, especially ones with Microphones like the A2 Lite from MINIX:
Audio can sometimes by routed to the RF USB dongle and block any other Audio.

See this link here for the Android Settings solution:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ment_39125

Hi,
I have a MX-Q 4K 5G android box (running with android 11) and I don't see any menu permitting me to activate sound...
From Kodi or by another way ! (general sound settings)
Is there a required version of kodi ?
Thanks for any help !
Olivier.
For information, my kodi version is 19.3 (19.3.0)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound on MXQ Android box0