Search problem with local music video
Ok, I have about 2 thousand local video files (music video file, mixed content). I use Kodi 16

Using Confuence skin, after I added my file store on the USB hard drive into Kodi as a folder, and set the content of the folder to local only. I want to search for these file by opening the search (move the mouse to the left). Whatever I type in, search result come out "No search result"

Is there something I do wrong, why I can't search for these file. I install Global Search, and it doing the same thing, no result.

Example:

I have like

Hotel California.mkv
My love.mkv
So long.mkv
and many other .mkv files

I want to open up the search box, type in like Hotel, and would like the result such as Hotel California pop up. Is that possible in Kodi?
OK, so 'local only' means read the information required to add the files to the library from .nfo files located in the same folder as the video. If you haven't created any, Kodi won't add the files to its library and thus they won't show up in a search.

It's possible to use a third party media manager to create these .nfo files for you, although it will take a while if you have 2000 !!!

It's worth it though because they will show in the library with all the metadata you have entered and be searchable etc.

It's possible that some media managers will be able to automate the process in much the same way as they do for tv shows and movies, but as I don't have a collection like you, I'm unable to confirm if that is the case.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ok, so after I use Tiny Manager and create .nfo (general info, not much detail like year, artwork, length) for all of my video files, I finally able to search for it. Thank Black_Eagle

Then here come another question, when search such as like Hotel, it popup Hotel California.mkv, then I press enter to have it play, but it just came back to the big list view, or whatever view you set it to.... IS there a certain button to have it play?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search problem with local music video0