Help with Putting my build from windows onto my android box ?
(2016-09-27, 18:41)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 18:19)trogggy Wrote: When you're running kodi (in windows) and you're choosing your backgrounds you're browsing to the background in kodi settings to set its location...yes? Well don't do that! Don't click 'Browse.'
Instead type the address straight into the address box.

Clearer?

Not sure that when choosing a background that a skin will show the dialog where you can type in a path. Certainly MQ7 doesn't because I've just checked. Don't want to throw a spanner in the works but just thought I'd better point this out.

Hi mate, yeah I think thats the type of Box I have its MQ something anyway
2. You said you'd put your folders in C\> Program Files (x86) > Kodi > Addons? Skin.Confluence> Backgrounds.
Is that right? If so have you now deleted them?

3. Only if 2 is sorted...
Have your custom backgrounds now disappeared when you're using kodi (hopefully yes)?
(2016-09-27, 18:44)trogggy Wrote: 2. You said you'd put your folders in C\> Program Files (x86) > Kodi > Addons? Skin.Confluence> Backgrounds.
Is that right? If so have you now deleted them?

3. Only if 2 is sorted...
Have your custom backgrounds now disappeared when you're using kodi (hopefully yes)?

All I did was drag and drop the ''backgrounds'' folder over to where I was told to put it. but i have just check the path I would take to find them and the backgrounds folder not there. So yeah I think I have deleted it ??

and yes customer backgrounds in kodi have now all disappeared as well. Blank background
Ahhh...fuck.
I've just realised what (I think) you've done.
You overwrote the backgrounds in programfilesx86/addons/skin.confluence/backgrounds to get your custom backgrounds to show up. Now you've deleted them you don't even have the originals left, which is why it's blank.
That's probably what the instructions you followed told you to do. If so they should have come with a warning ('This is a Stupid idea!').
It's all sortable - that way would never have worked in a million years on android though.

Can you list all the files you have in userdata/backgrounds?
(2016-09-27, 19:00)trogggy Wrote: Ahhh...fuck.
I've just realised what (I think) you've done.
You overwrote the backgrounds in programfilesx86/addons/skin.confluence/backgrounds to get your custom backgrounds to show up. Now you've deleted them you don't even have the originals left, which is why it's blank.
That's probably what the instructions you followed told you to do. If so they should have come with a warning ('This is a Stupid idea!').
It's all sortable - that way would never have worked in a million years on android though.

Can you list all the files you have in userdata/backgrounds?

ok so in the userdata folder i opened there are the following

Addon_data (FOLDER)
Backgrounds (Folder) This is also MY backgrounds folder
Database (FOLDER)
keymaps (FOLDER
library (FOLDER)
peripheral_data (FOLDER)
playlists (FOLDER)
Thumbnails (FOLDER)
advancedsettings.xml
favorites.xml
guisettings.xml
profiles.xml
RssFeeds.xml
sources.xml

When I click on backgrounds (my folder) I have All the seperate folders I use for my background images
It's what's in that backgrounds folder (userdata/backgrounds) that I was asking.
(2016-09-27, 19:33)trogggy Wrote: It's what's in that backgrounds folder (userdata/backgrounds) that I was asking.

Hi. yeah litterally all that is in the backgrounds folder is the other folders where i keep the images i have saved from the net.

that is if we are talking about the backgrounds folder i made that i have been told to move to the %APPDATA% > KODI> ...etc

am I looking at the wrong folder or Huh
No, that's the folder.

'In that folder is
1.a subfolder called...
This contains xxx.jpg, hhh.jpg, whatever.jpg
2.a subfolder called... etc'

I just want to know what's in it.

Edit: If there are loads of them just describe the ones you were using in confluence.
I'd like to know which images you were actually using and where they are in that folder.
Is the subfolders the movies, Music, video folder I have been putting my images into??...

All the folders have. Jpg files in then.

So yeah like backgrounds> movies> avengers background.jpg....as an example

Is this right?? Have I understood you?
Yes, exactly.
Can you list the ones you used.
All of the. Jpgs i've used? In each folder?
I must be missing something here.

You're using confluence - how many custom backgrounds were you using at any one time?
How did you point confluence at those backgrounds?

I may be a while replying, food's calling.
Just finished my food myself haha

I'm using Xonfluence because I got told It was easier to customise with addons and create my own sub menus

I'm using multi image so the image keeps changing

so to select a background Image while I'm using kodi I would go to System> appearence> Skin settings> Background artwork >click multi image> and then use the path way to my backgrounds that i have saved and selected that folder

if I am looking at my backgrounds folder the movies, music, video, subfolders have .jpg files in them folders ?
(2016-09-27, 20:32)Skillz1987 Wrote: Just finished my food myself haha

I'm using Xonfluence because I got told It was easier to customise with addons and create my own sub menus

I'm using multi image so the image keeps changing

so to select a background Image while I'm using kodi I would go to System> appearence> Skin settings> Background artwork >click multi image> and then use the path way to my backgrounds that i have saved and selected that folder

if I am looking at my backgrounds folder the movies, music, video, subfolders have .jpg files in them folders ?
I really wish you'd mentioned that before!

To make this genuinely cross-platform can be done (I did that with xonfluence) but it involves a fair bit of editing in the settings.xml file (userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence/settings.xml). If you want to go down that road I'll get you started, but for now let's just get it working on windows and then android.

You need first to set up multi images in xonfluence.
Quote:Start kodi.
From the home screen go to settings > skin > background artwork.
Change whichever background path is selected to the folder you want:
At the bottom of the screen make sure 'use alternative background folder' is checked.
Now click 'multi image, and browse to the image folder you want to use (Home folder > userdata > backgrounds > whatever.
Click OK and that's done.
Now change to the next background path and repeat until they're all finished.
You're done.
To get the same look in android the easiest way is to copy that backgrounds folder into the android userdata folder and repeat the process above (in the quote box).
If you're happy with that give it a go - if you'd rather edit the .xml file let me know and I'll get you started.

So...
-set your backgrounds in windows (as above).
-If that works do exactly the same in android (after you've copied that backgrounds folder across).
-If that works look at the next thing - missing icons?
Yeah i've transfered the build over to android fine again...Again however still blank background but I was able to fine the back grounds using root > android> data > xbmc.data.org or something etc.... So i've set the back grounds..... But yes missing addon icons to sort now but its bed time haha can we get started tomorrow?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Putting my build from windows onto my android box ?0