• 8(current)
Mod JB-SimilarArtist in music visualization for MQ7
(2017-12-20, 18:47)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi Jumpy73,
I apologize for the lack of response.
The "similar artists and albums" options use the "Artist Slideshow"  add-on
The "Artist Slideshow" must be installed.
In the "Artist Slideshow" add-on, enable the options:
Similar artist and Album info.
(described in more recent posts)Wink

Marry Christmas
JB 

Hi JB,
don't worry about lack of response... probably neither of us works in a emergency room Smile

Anyway I've already done what you are told to me...
I've already enabled:
- download Album info from The Audiodb.com (priority 6) and from Last.fm (priority 5) into the ALBUM INFO setting menu
- download Similar Artists from Last.fm (priority 5) into the SIMILAR ARTISTS setting menu
I've also specified a local artist folder and set the Image priority option to "Use both local and remote images"

Do you have any further suggestion?

Please note... which is the expected behaviour of the "ORIGINAL SLIDE (NO, IT'S PERMANENT)" menu option?

Thanks a lot for your work
(2017-12-20, 21:18)Jumpy73 Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 18:47)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi Jumpy73,
I apologize for the lack of response.
The "similar artists and albums" options use the "Artist Slideshow"  add-on
The "Artist Slideshow" must be installed.
In the "Artist Slideshow" add-on, enable the options:
Similar artist and Album info.
(described in more recent posts)Wink

Marry Christmas
JB 

Hi JB,
don't worry about lack of response... probably neither of us works in a emergency room Smile

Anyway I've already done what you are told to me...
I've already enabled:
- download Album info from The Audiodb.com (priority 6) and from Last.fm (priority 5) into the ALBUM INFO setting menu
- download Similar Artists from Last.fm (priority 5) into the SIMILAR ARTISTS setting menu
I've also specified a local artist folder and set the Image priority option to "Use both local and remote images"

Do you have any further suggestion?

Please note... which is the expected behaviour of the "ORIGINAL SLIDE (NO, IT'S PERMANENT)" menu option?

Thanks a lot for your work  

Hi,
this should work well.
I have to look at the my code (this mod was made a long time agoWink)
Does the "Artist Slideshow" mod work for you in 100% (eg background when playing songs, etc.)?
ps.
I will try to give you my settings tomorrow. 
JB
edit:
99% wrong configuration in "Artist Slideshow"
(2017-12-20, 22:47)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi,
this should work well.
Does the "Artist Slideshow" mod work for you in 100% (eg background when playing songs, etc.)?
ps.
JB 

Hi JB,
I think the "Artist Slideshow" mod is working well, I set the visualization option to SLIDESHOW+View and I see what is expected... if you think 99% problem is in Artist slideshow add-on configuration setting please give me the yours

Anyway, just some considerations about the behaviour of the mod during my brief testing session...

1) when I start FOR THE FIRST TIME a track from the Songs View window, from the songs list at the left side of the screen in the Album View window or from an m3u playlist, only Artist banner is displayed

2) DURING track playing, if I go some levels back or in settings window:
- in the songs list window --> newly press the same track name, the track starts from the beginning again but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected
- in the main menu window --> press fullscreen option in the mini player, kodi come back to the fullscreen view, the track continue playing from the same point but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected
- settings window --> press the back key on remote, kodi come back to the fullscreen view, the track continue playing from the same point but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected

Hope this help
(2017-12-21, 10:48)Jumpy73 Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 22:47)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi,
this should work well.
ps.
JB 

Hi JB,
I think the "Artist Slideshow" mod is working well, I set the visualization option to SLIDESHOW+View and I see what is expected... if you think 99% problem is in Artist slideshow add-on configuration setting please give me the yours

Anyway, just some considerations about the behaviour of the mod during my brief testing session...

1) when I start FOR THE FIRST TIME a track from the Songs View window, from the songs list at the left side of the screen in the Album View window or from an m3u playlist, only Artist banner is displayed

2) DURING track playing, if I go some levels back or in settings window:
- in the songs list window --> newly press the same track name, the track starts from the beginning again but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected
- in the main menu window --> press fullscreen option in the mini player, kodi come back to the fullscreen view, the track continue playing from the same point but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected
- settings window --> press the back key on remote, kodi come back to the fullscreen view, the track continue playing from the same point but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected

Hope this help 
Hmm ... I do not know why it does not work correctly for you.
Does "Artist Slideshow" create files for you with information about similar artists?
For me (LibreElec) are folders, for example:
\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation \ <ARTIST_CODE> \
In this directory, I have files: ..... lastfmartistsimilar.nfo - this may help you.

JB-SimilarArtist uses two add-ons to display graphics.
Artist Slideshow - for displaying similar artists and albums of the artist just played.
and
Skin helper service - for displaying album covers, banners, CDs, logos,....
There must be internet access.
If you start playing the song and turn on the visualization ...
"JB-SimilarArtist" is waiting for the "Artist Slideshow" to download information about similar artists and albums, and "JB-SimilarArtist" is waiting for "Skin helper service" to download the rest of the graphics  (this takes time).
If the graphics are downloaded, JB-SimilarArtist will display them on the screen

Similar artists, albums and banners are looped. The loop is activated once (start visualization) and works until the player stops.

(...)- settings window --> press the back key on remote, kodi come back to the fullscreen view, the track continue playing from the same point but now Similar Artists and Artist Albums are displayed together Artist banner as expected (...) - this action is ok.

Screens in the next post.
Removed
My settings:
watch gallery

Edit:
JB_SimilarArtists-006 is not compatible with older versions of JB_SimilarArtists-XXX.
Only one version will work.
You can not mix files from different versions.
(2017-12-21, 15:07)JohnyBee Wrote: My settings:
watch gallery

Edit:
JB_SimilarArtists-006 is not compatible with older versions of JB_SimilarArtists-XXX.
Hi JB,
I'm not doing any mix among different versions, or at least I suppose... I'm just using the MQ7 Krypton Mod by emiralles (ver. 1.4.0.10) and Multi-Mod_for_Krypton_Mod by latts9923 (upd. 121717), without any changes from my side.
Starting from above, I'm probably using the version JB_SimilarArtists-004 (compatible with Mod for MQ7 MOD ver. 1.4.0.9 or higher?) and not the version JB_SimilarArtists-006 (compatible witrh Mod for MQ7 ver. 2.0.7.3).
Anyway, if I see the content of the archive "JB_SimilarArtists-004-MQ7-mod-1.4.0.9" or "JB_SimilarArtists-006-u2-MQ7-2.0.7.3.zip", I find only the file "JB_PodobniArtysci.xml", instead if I go into my system folder "..\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod\1080i" I find 3 files "JB_PodobniArtysci.xml", "JB_PodobniArtysci_v2.xml", "JB_PodobniArtysci_v3.xml", but only the first two files are mentioned into the file "includes.xml" and "MusicVisualization.xml"

I think there is something strange that I can't understand Smile

Watching your settings, furthermore, I see you are using the layout 4 and not the 7 and which is the expected behaviour of the "ORIGINAL SLIDE (NO, IT'S PERMANENT)" menu option?... please see the screenshot below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbsc7104txna5x...7.jpg?dl=0

Thank you very much for the time you take out of your day for helping us
(2017-12-22, 09:57)Jumpy73 Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 15:07)JohnyBee Wrote: My settings:
watch gallery

Edit:
Hi JB,
I'm not doing any mix among different versions, or at least I suppose... I'm just using the MQ7 Krypton Mod by emiralles (ver. 1.4.0.10) and Multi-Mod_for_Krypton_Mod by latts9923 (upd. 121717), without any changes from my side.
Starting from above, I'm probably using the version JB_SimilarArtists-004 (compatible with Mod for MQ7 MOD ver. 1.4.0.9 or higher?) and not the version JB_SimilarArtists-006 (compatible witrh Mod for MQ7 ver. 2.0.7.3).
Anyway, if I see the content of the archive "JB_SimilarArtists-004-MQ7-mod-1.4.0.9" or "JB_SimilarArtists-006-u2-MQ7-2.0.7.3.zip", I find only the file "JB_PodobniArtysci.xml", instead if I go into my system folder "..\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7.krypton.mod\1080i" I find 3 files "JB_PodobniArtysci.xml", "JB_PodobniArtysci_v2.xml", "JB_PodobniArtysci_v3.xml", but only the first two files are mentioned into the file "includes.xml" and "MusicVisualization.xml"

I think there is something strange that I can't understand Smile

Watching your settings, furthermore, I see you are using the layout 4 and not the 7 and which is the expected behaviour of the "ORIGINAL SLIDE (NO, IT'S PERMANENT)" menu option?... please see the screenshot below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbsc7104txna5x...7.jpg?dl=0

Thank you very much for the time you take out of your day for helping us    
Hmmmm OK Smile
I do not use MQ7 MOD.
What version MQ7 (number) do you use?
Is this the original version or mod?
What version do you use JB-SimilarArtist?
To make JB-SimilarArtist work well:
1. All files MUST be (whole zip) copied to the MQ7 directory.
2. My mod JB-SimilarArtist works ONLY with the MQ7 versions given in the descriptions.
3. Only very old versions of JB-SA worked with MQ7 mods (but only with those in descriptions).

For tests:
Install the original version of MQ7.
Install the latest version of JB-SimilarArtist - Check how it works.

Good luck and best regards.

ps.
If you use the MQ7 mod contact its developer, please -  it will not work without any changes in the code 
Note - some MQ7 MOD have already implemented older versions of JB-SImilarArtist, - everything can get mixed up
(2017-12-22, 15:11)JohnyBee Wrote: ps.
If you use the MQ7 mod contact its developer, please -  it will not work without any changes in the code 
Note - some MQ7 MOD have already implemented older versions of JB-SImilarArtist, - everything can get mixed up 

Glad to inform you I solved alone the issue... there was a call to JB_PodobniArtysci in a wrong point of the code into MusicVisualization.xml file

Merry Christmas
Congratulations Big Grin
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JB-SimilarArtist in music visualization for MQ72