Win Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and modded graphic drivers for windows 10
The paste was short "ERROR: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" but indicated a direct X issue which usually points back at the graphics. Looking a little deeper and came up with http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-...775.0.html and I'm surprised that "had no issues on windows 7 running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis" and would have said 'if it's not broke don't fix it'. But I guess we can't put the gene back in the bottle.

At this point I'm wondering if a bog stock Kodi 16.1 install on a USB stick and run in portable mode would fly? http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable Bascially all you need to do is have a spare USB stick with ~4 gigs, when it asks you to install to a different place, pick the USB, but don't run it.. In the shortcut's properties there will be a box called Target field, add the switch -p after kodi.exe i.e. P:\Kodi\kodi.exe -p
Thank You Pat K, and yes I have never had issues with 16.1 and in fact it works now with windows 10 on same laptop under Microsofts Basic driver, its just that their driver sucks. I thought the legacy modded drivers might be missing something simple but I will try this USB option now. Thank You sir, I will update back hoping to be successful
Nope not successful, I uninstalled everything kodi on computer including roaming/kodi, I then inserted blank USB 3.80 Gig stick to be exact about 4 gig, any way installed new 16.1 from Kodi.tv and picked folder USB Drive (ESmile and created the kodi.exe in task bar and went to properties ect. ect I then ran kodi as administrator and just regular from portable Gig stick and received the same as always, so I assume I am back to square one with dealing with GPX/DirectX/ graphics ect. UUHHGG Been looking at maybe trying to re clock GPU in which I find in googling the DXGI Error.
You might have hit the wall with the graphic set-up, I'm getting close to it myself. If you do have a bit of sucess, please post. (Kyrpton?)
I will try Krypton, but maybe its me but as Kodi evolves and 16.1 wont work why would Krypton?
Have the exact same issue on my setup.
A legacy driver for AMD x1250 on Windows 10.

Kodi 15 works fine, but it doesn't help much.
Kodi 16/.1 and 17 both crash on the same issue, which summarizes in the log to "ERROR: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED".

If anyone has a workaround/fix for the issue it would be very welcome (maybe forcing Kodi to work on a previous DirectX version?).

Thread 7248 (process 7484)
# 0 CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
# 1 CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
# 2
# 3
# 4 GetHookAPIs

Thanks.
Quote:A legacy driver for AMD x1250 on Windows 10.

I could have helped you 20025 perhaps. Sorry this device is not at all supported on Windows 10.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
fritsch, you say you can help? To clarify you say Kodi Jarvis or Krypton will not work with ATI 1200 series graphics on windows 10, so I should revert back to windows 7?
(2016-10-02, 11:18)levimadman Wrote: Have the exact same issue on my setup.
A legacy driver for AMD x1250 on Windows 10.

Kodi 15 works fine, but it doesn't help much.
Kodi 16/.1 and 17 both crash on the same issue, which summarizes in the log to "ERROR: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED".

If anyone has a workaround/fix for the issue it would be very welcome (maybe forcing Kodi to work on a previous DirectX version?).

Thread 7248 (process 7484)
# 0 CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
# 1 CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
# 2
# 3
# 4 GetHookAPIs

Did you ever find a work aroundHuh Just curious

Thanks.
As said now twice: Your GPU is too old and kodi won't work with it properly
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Works just fine in windows 7, guess I missed the as posted twice, thanks
I am also having an issue running any version of Kodi since version 16. I have an old laptop that has an ATI x1200 graphics card.

The funny thing is that I was running 16 and even 17.0 without issue on this laptop until I re-formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows 7. I have tried every video driver that I can locate since then without success.

If anyone has the ATI x1200 and can get newer versions of Kodi to work please let us know your driver arrangement.

Thanks
kwma01

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and modded graphic drivers for windows 100