v17 Sharing Library across two machines.
(2016-09-29, 20:31)trogggy Wrote: Any new media will be scraped from the net, same as your original library scan. Nothing new should be a problem on either pc, the issue is / was with the artwork for stuff in the single file export. All artwork is cached locally in kodi/userdata/thumbnails, and the texturesxx.db in kodi/userdata/database is pointing at the thumbnails folder. Your exported folder is only needed until all artwork is cached.

So for example:
Six months from now you add another pc. When you run kodi you'll see artwork for everything you scan from today, but nothing you've already scanned. Unless you make that single file folder available again.

Great that it's working.

(2016-09-29, 20:33)black_eagle Wrote: Not as long as the art has been cached by the 2nd PC.

If you store art along side the newly added content then it will be added with the correct substitutions and all should continue to work fine.

black_eagle

PERFECT!!

Thank you guys so much for all your help!

I quite honestly don't foresee adding another Kodi machine to the setup, but I'll store that EXPORT folder somewhere regardless, just in case. Big relief about future media.

All is well & working really nicely. I hope this thread is useful to anyone else in my position looking to setup Client/Server/Sync setup. I think I'm almost capable of answering questions & helping others.

Thanks again - REALLY appreciate it.
The main thing to take from this thread for me is "Don't, in any circumstances, ever, in a million years, whatever you do, touch that 'export to single file' function with a barge-pole.". Wink
(2016-09-29, 20:40)trogggy Wrote: The main thing to take from this thread for me is "Don't, in any circumstances, ever, in a million years, whatever you do, touch that 'export to single file' function with a barge-pole.". Wink

Baah ... it wasn't so bad .. WinkCool
You have no idea how good the export to seperate files works.
If you skip the artwork export on a "single file" export then the URL should go from a local path to the original scraper URL, IIRC.
Guys,

I've run into one Final issue.

I use an external player, PowerDVD, to play all my ISO's (Only the ISO's). I'm using a wonderful & efficient script written by brazen1 to do so, and the whole system works really well on my main machine.

I ran into a problem with the "Client" machine. Although I setup everything just the same as the "Server" machine, including the external player/PowerDVD script, I've got a PATH problem.

The path substitutions I have in "advancesettings.xml" work perfectly fine for any media that's played by the Internal Player, however, since "advancesettings.xml" affects KODI, not PowerDVD, it's not working for PowerDVD, quite understandably.

When I play an ISO, the script basically MOUNTS the ISO on the VirtualCloneDrive virtual drive (In this case, D drive), then launches PowerDVD and PowerDVD begins playback.

However, on the "Client", while all of the above still happens -- the only thing that doesn't happen is that the ISO doesn't mount because the Script doesn't have any Path Substitution capabilities - so when it sees "H:\Movies\Beetlejuice.ISO", it literally attempts to mount "H:\Movies\Beetlejuice.ISO", even though there is no "H:\Movies" on the "Client" machine.

All my ISO's are in "H:\Movies" on the "Server" machine.
In my advancesettings.xml, I have the Path Substitution setup as:

Code:
<substitute>
<from>H:\Movies</from>
<to>smb://l3viathan@MEDIASTRASSE/BD5/Movies</to>
</substitute>

This works perfectly fine within KODI.

However, I use the following 2 scripts to MOUNT the ISO & launch PowerDVD:

Playercorefactory.XML
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
     <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\b3lial\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
       <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
       <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
       <forceontop>false</forceontop>
     </player>
    </players>
     <rules action="prepend">
       <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="PowerDVD"/>
     </rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

While KODI knows that
H:\Movies\Beetlejuice.ISO
is really supposed to be
smb://l3viathan@MEDIASTRASSE/BD5/Movies/Beetlejuice.ISO
because of the Path Substitution in "advancesettings.xml", I have no way of telling the external player script the same.
It is literally looking to mount
H:\Movies\Beetlejuice.ISO
instead of trying to mount smb://l3viathan@MEDIASTRASSE/BD5/Movies/Beetlejuice.ISO
and so I get an error
Could not mount H:\Movies\Beetlejuice.ISO.

Can anyone advise how to handle this only remaining issue?

Thanks!
In that case i would make a backup of your database and rewrite all the paths inside instead of using advancedsettings to rewrite them. My two cents.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing Library across two machines.0