Movies - Genrres- background change
I am running this on my shield but trying to figure out if there is a way to change the background icons on the Genre icons under Movies?
(2016-09-28, 16:53)cburbs Wrote: I am running this on my shield but trying to figure out if there is a way to change the background icons on the Genre icons under Movies?

@cburbs, just wondering if you're refering to the same Movie genre icons as me.
When I scroll through the movie genres, the large icon on the left does not change (or are you referring to the background only?)
Is there a way to change the icon to reflect the genre?

I have also gone into Settings/add-ons/My add-ons/look and feel/Image collections/... and enabled "Movie Genre Icons - Poster" , as well as others.
But I can't seem to work out how to use them.
If anyone has any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

I did a lot of searching and found this thread which gives a good explanation...
2266376 (post)

(2016-03-02, 21:06)tomer953 Wrote: Background & Icon Packs as Add-ons.

Introduction:
since Kodi 16 (Jarvis), new type of addon has been added to the addon manager: resource.images
it means that you can download images packs, via the addon manager, and they will be available as any other addons in kodi. (inside your addons folder).
more and more skinners are starting to use this feature, for example for letting the user to choose their weather icons\backgrounds, their studio flags, and much more.
I wanted to share with you some of those great packages, created by a talented woman named Orna, and packed into add ons by Benny.

How To Install?
you can install them directly from Kodi. just navigate to:
System - Add-ons - Install From Repository - Kodi Add-on Repository - Look and Feel - Image Collections

OK, I installed, what now?
now you can use the images, like any other images from your local pc.
they are located in your "addons" folder
for windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Addons\resource.images.XXX\resources
for android: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Addons/resource.images.XXX\resources
replace the "XXX" part with the id of the package you installed.
you can assign the pictures as your skin backgrounds, or skin icons etc...

However, I cannot find the path (as stated above) for android: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Addons/resource.images.XXX\resources
I have searched everywhere inside Arctic Zephyr :FA menus but cannot find it.
Any help appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies - Genrres- background change0