Library content from different HDD's question
The default TV Shows can be altered - it's a node just like any new node you might create. It's up to you if you want to edit the current node or add a new one. I was just pointing out that editing nodes doesn't affect the available sort options - nodes can only specify what the default sorting is.

The TV Shows menu likely showed up automatically because it has a visibility condition attached that only shows when you have TV Shows in your library - most likely 'Library.HasContent(TVShows)'

To set a new home menu item with Amber to a custom node either:-

(a) - (with current Amber versions on the repo) - Add the node to favourites via the context menu. It can then be selected as the action for any of the custom menu items available.

(b) - (with the current test version of Amber for Krypton, and with the Skin Shortcuts script installed) - enable using Skin Shortcuts for selecting home screen items in the skins settings, and then when setting up your new menu item browse to your new node via 'Video Library >' and then select 'Create menu item to here'

Edit: I'm not aware of any tutorials at all for the Library Node Editor. However, any tutorials for the Video Node Editor are directly applicable as it is the direct descendant of that add-on, with the single exception that you need to select 'Video Library' at the first level to indicate you're editing the video nodes rather than music nodes (and, in terms of general use, it supports creating both 'rule based' and 'path based' nodes, whereas the original editor only supported rule based - and it's rule-based you're going to want to use for what you want, based on what you've said so far).
(2016-09-30, 21:26)BobCratchett Wrote: The default TV Shows can be altered - it's a node just like any new node you might create. It's up to you if you want to edit the current node or add a new one. I was just pointing out that editing nodes doesn't affect the available sort options - nodes can only specify what the default sorting is.

Ah, OK. Wink

(2016-09-30, 21:26)BobCratchett Wrote: The TV Shows menu likely showed up automatically because it has a visibility condition attached that only shows when you have TV Shows in your library - most likely 'Library.HasContent(TVShows)'

To set a new home menu item with Amber to a custom node either:-

(a) - (with current Amber versions on the repo) - Add the node to favourites via the context menu. It can then be selected as the action for any of the custom menu items available.

(b) - (with the current test version of Amber for Krypton, and with the Skin Shortcuts script installed) - enable using Skin Shortcuts for selecting home screen items in the skins settings, and then when setting up your new menu item browse to your new node via 'Video Library >' and then select 'Create menu item to here'

Edit: I'm not aware of any tutorials at all for the Video Node Editor. However, any tutorials for the Video Node Editor are directly applicable as it is the direct descendant of that add-on, with the single exception that you need to select 'Video Library' at the first level to indicate you're editing the video nodes rather than music nodes (and, in terms of general use, it supports creating both 'rule based' and 'path based' nodes, whereas the original editor only supported rule based - and it's rule-based you're going to want to use for what you want, based on what you've said so far).

Ok, thanks for the info !!! Big Grin

Just to make sure, I don't have to alter my source for my tv shows ?
As I understand it, the node is just is a filter that uses the items that are already in the tv shows library.

So when I setup the node to filter according to the drive path of my files,
it would show me the tv shows of the drive that is connected at that time, right ?

Does the node scan for the drive path every time then ?

For example if I go in the new node without having my drive attached,
it would just show an empty page ?
(2016-09-30, 21:51)Soxbrother Wrote: Ok, thanks for the info !!! Big Grin

Just to make sure, I don't have to alter my source for my tv shows ?
As I understand it, the node is just is a filter that uses the items that are already in the tv shows library.

Exactly.

(2016-09-30, 21:51)Soxbrother Wrote: So when I setup the node to filter according to the drive path of my files,
it would show me the tv shows of the drive that is connected at that time, right ?

Does the node scan for the drive path every time then ?

For example if I go in the new node without having my drive attached,
it would just show an empty page ?

No. It will show any TV Shows in your library which match the rules specified in the node. I'm not aware - which isn't to say they don't exist, and I'm very happy to be corrected by those more knowledgable than me - of any rules which will display content on drives that are currently connected. What I do know is it's possible is to have various nodes for different sources, and then for you to manually select the node which corresponds to whichever sources are currently available. As far as I know, all media that is in the library and matches the rules of the node will display for the node you select, regardless of whether the source is actually available.
I use Amber as my skin.
I use the wide banner view.
On the banners are little circles,
the watched/unwatched status of a tv show.

Are those infolabels ?
Would it be possible to add a tiny infolabel to each tv show that says HDD 1, HDD 2, etc,...?
Just thinking out loud...:p
Depending on exactly how the skin is coded, they're either the default icons OverlayUnwatched.png and OverlayWatched.png, or based on the infolabel ListItem.PercentPlayed. It's highly unlikely these could display such information without modding the skin (most likely, displaying the relevant information based on a variable which itself would be based upon ListItem.Path), though the skinner responsible for your skin would be best placed to give you specific advice relevant to that skin.
I'm going try to create a node,
I'll post an update in here if it's a succes. Nod
This would have been the solution,
but it isn't worked on anymore.

http://forum.kodi.tv/archive/index.php?t...80147.html
(2016-10-01, 10:29)Soxbrother Wrote: I'm going try to create a node,
I'll post an update in here if it's a succes. Nod

Can't get the node to show up,
I've posted my progress in the Library Node Editor thread
Library Node Editor
Ok, thanks to user "BobCratchett", I now have a new menu on the Home menu, called SERIES
and within that I have a node called HDD 1 and HDD 2.

As it turned out, I needed to turn of the option called Flatten Hierarchy

Would be nice if Kodi :
- would check the availability of the source,
and only show the HDD that's connected.

-or if you go for example inside HDD 1,
that it would be empty and only show something when the drive is connected.

- show a tiny label that says "connected" when the drive is attached

- or a brand new sort method option in the side menu,
sort method: connected media or something like that

I guess for now the custom nodes are the best option,
hopefully someday something will be implemented in a future version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library content from different HDD's question0