Play in order but with random start
I was just wondering if I was missing an setting, but this may be a feature request then.

Is it possible to play shows in order but not start at S01E01?

I have a channel that is set to play a show in order. It works great but every time I start PTVL it starts over at S01E01.

I have a lot of shows that work best if sequential but it doesn't always need to start at the beginning.

If I was to put this as a feature request I would add a check box to the "Play shows in order" rule of "Random starting episode" or "Start with random season"

Just my idea, thanks for such a great program!
Seconded.
I guess there is already an option "Force random start" under the advanced channel rules tab.Smile
Selecting Play Shows In Order in conjunction with the Advanced Rule of "Force Random Start" doesn't seem to work. It just plays the episodes in a random order.

Not a big deal. I just wanted to add a vote to halcyonforever's idea. As an example, i have the Adam West Batman TV show as a channel. Many of the episodes are two-parters. So i'd like the show to start at a random episode, but then play in order from there. Tromy's post suggests a way that it should be possible, but it doesn't work for me.
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12
This way i told you used to work in a previous version(propably something changed in the way).
You can mention it to pstv live website,as i believe Lunatixz is more active thereSmile
Wouldn't this be achieved by using the rules "play shows in order" and "force real time"? So whenever you are not watching this channel, the shows would stay in sync with there specific start times. All the shows would start at S01e01, but depending on when you tune into the channel you could get whatever show is scheduled at that time. Just a thought.
(2016-09-28, 23:44)halcyonforever Wrote: I was just wondering if I was missing an setting, but this may be a feature request then.

Is it possible to play shows in order but not start at S01E01?

I have a channel that is set to play a show in order. It works great but every time I start PTVL it starts over at S01E01.

I have a lot of shows that work best if sequential but it doesn't always need to start at the beginning.

If I was to put this as a feature request I would add a check box to the "Play shows in order" rule of "Random starting episode" or "Start with random season"

Just my idea, thanks for such a great program!

If you configure a channel to "Play in order" and add the rule "Force Random" this should produce the desired effect.

::Update::

I spotted a bug, it will be fixed in the next update.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks Lunatixz.

I'll check it out again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play in order but with random start0