VIDEO_TS gets scraped multiple times
Hey guys,

hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I wanted to use my existing library with another device but discovered a problem:

When i add my movies to this new installation of Kodi, all of my ripped DVDs are getting added multiple times - so every *.VOB file gets an own entry in Kodi.

I've already set the option "combine split video items" but unfortunately it didn't change anything. I also tried different Kodi Versions (16.1 and 17) but that didn't change anything.

The structure of my DVDs is for example:

/96 Hours/
--/VIDEO_TS/
----VIDEO_TS.IFO
----VIDEO_TS.nfo
----VIDEO_TS.VOB
----etc.

I'm a little bit surprised to have this problem, because i have an existing Installation (v16.1) which has an libraby without seperate entries for every *.VOB file. Since this is an old installation which i kept updating since xbmc 10 i think, maybe the DB would also be corrupted there if i would start from scratch?!

Is there anything i could do? It would be a pain in the a** to convert all of my DVDs to MKVs or something like that :/
have you enabled 'movies are in separate folders...' in the content settings?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yes, was that wrong?!

I've found this post with a possible workaround: Exclude unwanted files from scraping

Sadly the files are still getting scraped - was there any change in the syntax since then or should the regexp still work?

Code:
<excludefromscan action="append">
   <regexp>(?i)[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
   <regexp>(?i)movieobject\.bdmv</regexp>
   <regexp>(?i)VTS_\w+.IFO</regexp>
   <regexp>(?i)VTS_\w+.VOB</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
(2016-09-29, 21:46)NiffStipples Wrote: Yes, was that wrong?!

nope, it should be enabled.

can't think of another cause for your issue at the moment.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VIDEO_TS gets scraped multiple times0