New User
Hi All,

I'm a new Kodi user. I've done a fair amount of reading on various sites, but I'm stumped one issue in particular. I'm running Kodi 16.1 on an Amazon Firestick, and I've purchased both a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, which I've hooked up to the Firestick w/out a problem. However, I'm unable to utilize either of them w/in Kodi. Is there a way to get them to integrate w/ Kodi?

One other quick question: Is there a way to place icons for certain add-ons, TV shows, etc. on the main Kodi page, rather than have to dig through the directory structure each time I fire it up? If there's a user's manual that explains any or all of this, I'm happy to read it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
To add icons to the home page in confluence you would go to settings>skin>skin add-ons>shortcuts and pick the add-on. If you can utilize the keybaord mouse in Android you should be able to inside Kodi from my experience with an MK808B-Plus, but perhaps the fire-stick has some override? Check the Android bluetooth input settings carefully.
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I was able to find what you're referring to in regard to the add-ons for the home-page, but they're just generic, numbered add-ons. I'm not really sure what to do w/ them.

I can utilize the keyboard/mouse w/in the Firestick OS, but when I'm in any Kodi menu that requires me to type, the keyboard doesn't work. I haven't tried the mouse, b/c I disconnected it from the Firestick.
At one point, the add-on should have a poster and with that enabled, you'll have some representation on the home screen. (most of the artwork is configurable). The keyboard functionality has more to do with Keymap (wiki) but you'll need to ensure functionality and that BT commands are making it through, attach your mouse and see if the hardware is responsive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User0